Embarkation Day--Dinner

irishayes

Our cruise leaves port at 8:30 p.m.

What do most people do for dinner that first night? Do you eat early so that you can be out on the decks for when the ship leaves port?

Or any other secrets?

Thanks!

We just go to your regular dinner time and table. If you have early dinner you will be fine. If you have late dinner, just look out the windows if possible. It may be dark anyway at 8:30PM.

It's hard to say what "most people" do. The dining room will be reasonably full, and it will be a good time to introduce yourself to your waiter and your tablemates if you are at a large table. Some people book a specialty restaurant for the first night and skip the sailaway. Some people eat pizza and watch the sailaway. Or there's room service, and watch it from the privacy of your own room.

I guess it also depends on how many cruises you have been on. We have sailed on over 45 cruises so the sail away does not mean much to us. Plus unlike the old days, you cannot throw streamers and stuff and really celebrate. So it's just music and soem drinks. I would rather check out my table, waiter, and seat mates.

Ok thanks for the suggestions.

This will be our first cruise and I am embarrassed to say I was envisioning the waving and streamers. LOL. I guess we will just stick with our 7:30 dinner reservations.

Ok thanks for the suggestions.

This will be our first cruise and I am embarrassed to say I was envisioning the waving and streamers. LOL. I guess we will just stick with our 7:30 dinner reservations.

Archived