Killing time pre-embarkation FLL, morning of cruise

wrxrob

First timer here :D

We are scheduled to arrive in FLL several hours before we need to arrive to get on the ship to depart on the Crown Princess.

My question is, say our taxi from the airport arrives to the cruise port at 9am. What can we do with our luggage (will they hold it, or can we check in?), and is there anything within walking distance of the port?

I'd like to have a way to kill some time, other than sitting, twiddling our thumbs until they open up the ship for boarding.

I ask this same question a couple weeks ago. If we don't want to pay an additional days car rental, we will arrive at the pier about 10:30. Hoping there are just seats somewhere, we don't care if there is somewhere for food or drinks. Just want to chill.

From the replies I received, there is not much there, but we are probably still going to go. $50 car rental is not worth it, just to waste an hour.

What is the earliest anyone has arrived???

hi Rob and all,

I've cruised from Pt Everglades twice in the last 2 years but don't know how early they will hold your luggage. It will take about 30 minutes of brisk walking north to get back to 17th St where there is a drugstore and you could walk west for restaurants, or walk east across the Intercoastal Waterway bridge where there is a residential section before the beaches. A third great option is to catch the Water Taxi. You'd be smart to download the schedule. I forget the exact name of the company but there is only one company. They stop right under the Intercoastal bridge and you can take a tour of the waterfront mansions if you have time, or just go as far as you have time for and then catch another boat going back to the bridge.

I ask this same question a couple weeks ago. If we don't want to pay an additional days car rental, we will arrive at the pier about 10:30. Hoping there are just seats somewhere, we don't care if there is somewhere for food or drinks. Just want to chill.

From the replies I received, there is not much there, but we are probably still going to go. $50 car rental is not worth it, just to waste an hour.

What is the earliest anyone has arrived???

10:30 is perfect timing to get to the cruise terminal. You'll be one of the first people on the ship.

First timer here :D

We are scheduled to arrive in FLL several hours before we need to arrive to get on the ship to depart on the Crown Princess.

My question is, say our taxi from the airport arrives to the cruise port at 9am. What can we do with our luggage (will they hold it, or can we check in?), and is there anything within walking distance of the port?

I'd like to have a way to kill some time, other than sitting, twiddling our thumbs until they open up the ship for boarding.

If your flight arrives early the morning of your cruise catch a shuttle to one of th enicer hotels near the airport and ask them to watch your bags (tip appropriately) while you enjoy breakfast and maybe a mimosa or two. Catch a cab to the port about 10:00 or so and you should be able to drop your bags and board in one of the first groups. Good luck! :)

Around 9am, you should be able to swing by the port and drop your luggage off to the porters outside. The Princess terminal is right at the north end of the port, adjacent to the convention center. 17th St is an easy walk from the Princess terminal, and there are some restaurants in the building directly north of the convention center facing on to 17th St. Or you can walk under the bridge and go to the Hilton Marina and have an overpriced breakfast. There are a number of options in this area, and I would just have the cab drop me off at one and walk back to the pier in the 1030 range. Of course this goes out the window if there are more than one Princess ship in port that day and the Crown happens to not be the one at terminal 2.

If your flight arrives early the morning of your cruise catch a shuttle to one of the nicer hotels near the airport and ask them to watch your bags (tip appropriately) while you enjoy breakfast and maybe a mimosa or two. Catch a cab to the port about 10:00 or so and you should be able to drop your bags and board in one of the first groups. Good luck! :)

John in DC:

I like this idea! Can you give me an idea of what some of the nicer hotels near the airport are that serve breakfast?

Thanks.

John in DC:

I like this idea! Can you give me an idea of what some of the nicer hotels near the airport are that serve breakfast?

Thanks.

Ooh, I want this info too! We are in the same boat- our flight gets in at 8am, and we don't want to rent a car for just a few hours.

I guess a lot of people are in this situation...We are also..get in at 5 am. Can you just get on a hotel shuttle even if you're not staying there? Where do you catch the shuttles? Any hotel tips? Thanks for any help you can offer!

John in DC:

Thanks.

Try the Hilton Garden Inn, the Hilton, or the Hyatt for breakfast before heading to the port. Good luck! :)

Archived