Problem in Long Beach?

MikeM

From John Heald on FB today

Just Fyi......the gangway operated by the port of Longbeach has a technical fault and so the Carnival Paradise will be diverted to pier 93 in LA some 7 miles away.guests will be provided with bus transportation to LB if needed.

Well lets hope it's repaired before I get there (that is meant as a JOKE). They have had several issues with that gangway if I am not mistaken.

From John Heald on FB today

Just Fyi......the gangway operated by the port of Longbeach has a technical fault and so the Carnival Paradise will be diverted to pier 93 in LA some 7 miles away.guests will be provided with bus transportation to LB if needed.

More from John Heald

Embarkation will also take place at this pier as well and hopefully yet gangway will be repaired by the time the Carnival Splendor returns on Sunday.

Just got off the Paradise this morning. We were bused from the San Pedro terminal to the Long Beach terminal. Went pretty smooth but being Platinum we were one of the first off. I could see that this will delay some passengers as the day moves on.

Just got off the Paradise this morning. We were bused from the San Pedro terminal to the Long Beach terminal. Went pretty smooth but being Platinum we were one of the first off. I could see that this will delay some passengers as the day moves on.

Hi Sherrie! Hope you had a good cruise.

The Splendor was there yesterday. I wonder what happened. :confused:

More from John Heald

Embarkation will also take place at this pier as well and hopefully yet gangway will be repaired by the time the Carnival Splendor returns on Sunday.

That is where the Disney ships dock, so once people are there, it shouldn't be that bad. However, the logistics of getting a couple thousand people and their luggage over there has to be a pain.

Hi Sherrie! Hope you had a good cruise.

Hi Patty!

We had a great weekend! Sure wish Jordon was in the Piano Bar! Can't wait until he returns!:)

There was something wrong with the gangplank. They didn't tell us until 7:00am this morning. Wasn't too bad for us but I wonder how the rest of the morning went trying to get people to and from Long Beach.

I hope we all can sail together soon!:D

They have had several issues with that gangway if I am not mistaken.

When we were on the Splendor in May '09 (on 1 of the Canadian Riviera cruises), debarkation was delayed for about 3 hours because the gangway was broken.

Archived