Does More Dawn Suites Equal Less Service?

2boyzmom

We just booked a Dawn suite today after loving it two years ago. Now I see they are adding 20 more suites. We loved the feel of being "special" and the service was amazing. I heard they did this on the Star also. Did anyone feel that service in the suites declined?

I wish I had the link to the news article I recently read about the reno's to the Dawn where they mentioned how many cabins they were going to build and how many staff members it meant new jobs for. I would think that since they are increasing the staff the great service level will remain. I am sure I got the link from a posting here on NCL's board.

I'm not sure, but it does concern me that most of the recent NCL reviews, especially on the Dawn and Jewel are extremely negative. Neither have been refurbed. What will happen if/when (in the Dawns case) they are? We are booked for an 11 day in November on the Dawn. There was one review in particular on the Jewel in which a customer had booked a penthouse and was completely dissatisfied. The concern is that this is not an isolated incident. This used to be rare. Does anyone see a trend? Maybe the low pricing is forcing cutbacks? NCL is going to remedy the pricing 4/01 with up to a 10% price increase. In all honesty, to keep the level of service where we expect, it may be needed. No flaming please. Just an observation.

I'm not sure, but it does concern me that most of the recent NCL reviews, especially on the Dawn and Jewel are extremely negative. Neither have been refurbed. What will happen if/when (in the Dawns case) they are? We are booked for an 11 day in November on the Dawn. There was one review in particular on the Jewel in which a customer had booked a penthouse and was completely dissatisfied. The concern is that this is not an isolated incident. This used to be rare. Does anyone see a trend? Maybe the low pricing is forcing cutbacks? NCL is going to remedy the pricing 4/01 with up to a 10% price increase. In all honesty, to keep the level of service where we expect, it may be needed. No flaming please. Just an observation.

My husband and I just returned from a RCCL cruise. We felt like cattle and missed the "suite life" of the Dawn. I just hope that we great experience we had last year will continue...

I don't see where you are observing passengers being"completely dissatisfied" with the Jewel.

I was on the Jewel in January and have no complaints what so ever. The Jewel was just in drydock and looked great, with new carpeting, paint and furniture.

Of course if new Suites are added to any ship, but extra Butlers are not, there is going to be a big problem.

The reviews I've read lately had more complaints against fellow Suite guests than the staff.

On my cruise I know that our Butler was constantly running somewhere. I don't think I ever saw him just standing in one place. He was available when we needed him, but he was very busy every minute. Sometimes your fellow guests are very needy and one person can only do so much.

No complaints about the staff, but I can't say the same for some of our fellow passengers.

We were in an AB Suite on the Feb 11 sailing of the Dawn. We had major problems with the service from the butler we had. After several complaints, he was replaced with someone else who was fantastic.

I found out later that we were not the only ones who had issues with him.

Apparently he was fairly new and perhaps required more training.

we were on the Star in 12512 deck 12, one of the new penthouse suites with balcony. It was superb! We could not have asked for better service, from the room stewards to our Butler Henry, or our concierge Patrick. The suite is beautiful, large at 409 Sq Ft. balcony was about an 8x8, had 3 wicker chairs and a small round wicker ottoman table. Our butler brought us treats everyday, a nice variety, canapes, cheese and crackers, cookies, cake and of course refilled our fruit bowl when needed.

If these are the type suites they are putting on the Dawn, they are fantastic and very comfortable.

Dona

Archived