Direct Line Travel Insurance

soraya

If you use the comparethemarket website it does have a box for is it for a cruise as well as for pre existing medical conditions too.

We used Columbus Direct for a World Cruise Sector for 34 days cover so higher value covered as well as reasonable price for medical conditions too.

Rang Direct Line today as we are cruising in June, we have an Annual Policy worldwide cover. If your policy is with DL you neeed to telephone them and confirm you will be cruising otherwise you are NOT covered. Also, regardless you pay extra, depending on the type of cruise, in our case £12. Its not the money it's the principle, I will certainly not be using DL again, I would recommend shopping round for a policy that includes cruising. :)

Thanks to you all for the warning.

We have in recent years always used an annual trip insurance. It would never have occured to me that cruising was not covered.. and yes I do read the policies.

I recently had to claim for a cancellation due to the sad passing of my father and yes I was covered. But it just makes me think that maybe we would not have been.

Have just phoned Churchill insurance, we have annual cover. Guess what. They did not cover us for our forthcoming cruise, even though we can be out of the country for 45 days as part of our cover. Wanted £25 more for cover. Thank you so much for posting this

Have just phoned Churchill insurance, we have annual cover. Guess what. They did not cover us for our forthcoming cruise, even though we can be out of the country for 45 days as part of our cover. Wanted £25 more for cover. Thank you so much for posting this

I believe that Churchill and Direct Line are part of the same empire these days.

Archived