travel insurance for the cost of the cruise only?

We are going on a new england/canda cruise and because it was pretty pricey i DO want to buy travel insurance but i'm at a total loss as where to even begin. almost all of our ports are in the united states so im not so concerned with it covering things like having to be "med-e-vaced from foreign countries" im mostly just wanting it to cover the actual cruise itself if we were to not be able to go (due to a death in the family of similar).

so any suggestions on where and what kind of purchase that just covers our cost of the cruise if we can't go would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

We are going on a new england/canda cruise and because it was pretty pricey i DO want to buy travel insurance but i'm at a total loss as where to even begin. almost all of our ports are in the united states so im not so concerned with it covering things like having to be "med-e-vaced from foreign countries" im mostly just wanting it to cover the actual cruise itself if we were to not be able to go (due to a death in the family of similar).

so any suggestions on where and what kind of purchase that just covers our cost of the cruise if we can't go would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

It sounds like what you are looking for is trip interruption/cancellation insurance. In Canada you can purchase it separately. Make sure that you have travel health insurance as well that will cover you no matter where you are.

Archived