I'm confused about time on ship/island?

LVMullet

Depends on when you are travelling. I believe that Central America is the same time as Florida but does NOT participate in Daylight Savings Time, when Florida does.

Almost all of Florida is in the Eastern Time Zone. Belize is in the Central Time Zone. They do not recognize Daylight Savings Time, so it varies being 1 hour or 2 behind the Eastern time.

Some ships/cruiselines change times to local, some maintain use of the departure port. It is a very good idea to confirm with your ship what they are doing.

Went to book Caye Caulker and found that the tour time is 8:00am

Our intinerary shows us getting to Belize at 8:00am. Obviously there

is a time difference....right?.... help!

If you book through the cruise line there will not be a problem. Local vendors know when the ships port/dock and make adjustments as needed. Carnival seems to do everything on ships time. So, I never change my watch to local time.

• 1 month later...

Before you get off the ship, will they let you know..."hey, it's now 8am ship time, however, it's only ___am on the island. Make sure you come back to the ship at ___pm island time" so that we know what to do? I get confused with this whole time difference thing.

Always go by ship time on and off the ship. just got back from mexico and at every port we were either and hour ahead or 2 hours behind their time. Any vendor you book with knows when the ships dock and depart. The vendors will follow ship time also to make sure you are back in time. The ship has plenty of clocks and you can also look on the tv for ship time. The best two things we brought was a watch to stay with ship time and an alarm clock as their are no clocks in the rooms and we didn't want to keep asking for wake up calls. Enjoy

Does the ship time always stay the same? Or does it change with the time zone?

I'm taking a ship from NOLA, so I'm not sure what time zone they are on. Maybe Central? So does that mean that the ship will be on Central Time zone and stay on Central time zone during the entire cruise?

Our purser told us that normally it is a 1 hour difference, but some time in March in can be 2? Best is to check with the local company or the worldtime.com site and check ship time with local time, it may differ depending on the dates

Archived