Septmber cruise from Port Canaverl or Galveston

tinman47

First timer, looking for a quick cruise to see if this mode of vacation is for us. Making all planas from the sand box, fornow. Question: does the amount of children on cruises lessen significantly after school starts in Sep, on Carnival? Yes, I understand Carnival is usually a kids market, but during the Fall, is it better for adults? Don't get me wrong....love my grandkids!...just looking for more adult time. Thanks to all for these very useful postings, too.

I cruise in the fall every year and although there are some kids on board the number is vastly less than in the summer.

Consider that it is the peak of hurricane season and some ports may be missed because of the conditions. It happens and it's covered as a possibility in the cruise contract that you will agree to.

Also, Carnival is no where near the 'party ship' atmosphere that many people portray it as.

:)

I agreee with the above statement. Carnival gets a bad rap as a party ship. I was on the Dream 2 weeks ago and there was tons to do for adults(ages 50+). While I am sure there were wild parties happening all around me they never interferred with my cruise. There were 1200 kids on the ship and I barely saw them. Carnival does an amazing job of keeping them busy having fun. The food and shows were better than Holland America and the crew coudn't have been nicer or more eager to help you. One day I was in an elevator and a crew person was on the elevator with me. She asked if I was havig a good cruise and I said yes. She then asked is there anything they could do to make it even better. I was impressed with that question. Have a great cruise.

My only comment is we sailed out of Galveston once, it would be my last. Over an hour bus ride from the airport... or it might have been 2 hour ride. Yeah, I think we watched a whole movie on our dvd player while on the bus. So keep that in mind, dont know how you are gettting to your boat...

Port Canaverla is our favorite homeport and we sail in September almost every year. Yes, the number of kids is lower, but there will still be some. We did not find them to be a bother like we did the one and only time we sailed in the summer.

I love both ports......Galveston is my homeport and I've sailed out of there 8 times. I love the Conquest and as others have said there will be far fewer kids after school starts.

I was on the Glory last week and we only saw a few dozen kids and they were never a bother.

Port Canaveral and the Dream though might be better for a couple of reasons. First as others have said if you are flying in I think PC is much easier to get to than Galveston mainly because if you are leaving on a Sunday, there isn't anywhere in Gton to return a rental car.

The other great thing about the Dream is that all of the kids clubs are down on Deck 4 (lower Dream street) so even when there are a lot of kids on the ship, you just don't see them because they're kind of hidden....

Plus the Dream is bigger than the Conquest so the Promenade deck and the way the Lobby is arranged make it feel more spacious.

Archived