RCI highchairs???

guk

Anyone used the highchairs on RCI Independence of the seas? After a nightmare meal out which we spent passing our 6mth old between us as the highchairs there were wodden with very low backs and massive gaps and no straps I was wondering if anyone had used the ones on RCI in particular freedom class? Do they have a 5pt harness? Are they suitable for a 6mth old who can sit? I am not expecting him to sit in it for long periods but just long enough for us to feed him and let him have some finger foods whilst we have our meal, i think he will spend most of the time in his stroller or being held but would like him to be able to sit in a highchair for some of the time. I ghave considered bringing our own highchair but am desperately trying to reduce the ammount of stuff we are bringing!!!;)

They have highchairs, but I don't remember what they look like. At 6 mos, couldn't you bring your "carry-all" seat and put that on whatever sort of highchair they provide?

I certainly wouldn't lug my own chair from home...just too bulky. For 1 week, I'm sure you can "make do".

You know how there are two kinds of high chairs out there at restaurants - the wooden ones you describe and the (often) gray or tan colored plastic ones? RCCL has the plastic ones; you can use them without the tray pulled up to the table or you can use them with a tray. They are just a basic restaurant high chair and definitely don't have five point harnesses.

In the buffet:

IMG_0294.jpg

In the dining room:

IMG_0322.jpg

What we did with DD before she was big enough to sit in those wooden ones OR the gray ones well was buy a combo shopping cart/high chair cover that had straps. The one we got was an Eddie Bauer from Target, and it seemed more substantial. I was never worried about her slipping out of it, and it had two shoulder straps that fastened across her chest.

If this link works, this is what it looks like. It was about $20 and folds up very small, easy to pack in a suitcase.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=16772135&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping

Archived