Torn Between Tours - Ziplining plus Island Tour

ohiowilly

There have been so many excellent posts from people having great experiences with a variety of Zipline Excursions, Tour Guides, and tour companies, that I am having a hard time making a decision of who to book with. Victor Bodden's tours have gotten great reviews; so have Rony's - Here's what we'd like to do: We'll be a group of 5 that wants to experience Ziplining for the first time; safety is obviously our first concern, but it does not appear that any of the 4 main Zipline vendors on Isla Roatan show cause for safety concerns, beyond the obvious. We'd don't want to go too extreme with the Ziplining, but also don't want the "bunny hills," so to speak.

We've seen a lot of shows on TV regarding the beauty of Roatan, the island scenery, and the beaches. We'd like to combine some sightseeing with the Zipline adventure, but are really having a tough time choosing between Victor B and Rony, and also the different Zipline sites.

If anyone has taken a similar type tour, please share your experiences. I don't know that we really would need to take in the monkey experience at Victor's place - might be quick stop, but not something we'd want to spend a lot of time on. Not sure about ending up at one of the private beaches; we could always go back to MB beach - I know it's man-made, etc., but I hope that we will have seen the "real" beaches of Roatan on our tour.

Suggestions? Experiences?

Thanks in advance

Willy

Your dilemma sounds like like mine. I want to snorkel at both West End and West Bay beaches, and take in the monkeys. I'm trying to decide if ziplining would cut into our day too much. Would also like to get some local food and not just 'nachos' at a beach resort.

I emailed Victor Bodden about the Zip n Dip tour, which is not a private tour but a group tour with other shipmates. He stated that there would likely be 3 hours of West Bay beach time after the Ziplining and monkey tour.

Is it just me or do the zipline photos at Victor's place look like you're zipping close to the ground and over a field most of the time?

I'm interested in hearing other peoples' experiences as well.

With 5 people you can get a private car with Victor. Last time we went on a glass bottom boat with snorkeling, had lunch, more snorkeling and then at about 2:15 went to "check out" South Shore ziplining for our next trip and 15 minutes later we were flying through the trees.

With Victor's drivers you call the shots. I would suggest zipping in the afternoon and snokeling first thing. This will put you opposite of what most people do and you won't have the crowds. On the way back you can catch some sight seeing stuff. Zipping at Victors is fun as well. It's not as intense as South Shore, good for first timers, monkeys are free when you zip there.

My vote is for Rony. We've used him every time we are in Roatan. He will meet you personally and drive you himself or introduce you to a great driver for the day. They are all like having an instant friend in Roatan. Tell him what you like and he will make sure you have a great day. I especially suggest eating at Rony's mom's restaurant. It is such an awesome "local" experience. Rony's company is smaller and - "just my opinion" - he really cares about each and every person. His business is so important to him. You definately will have an awesome day with RONY'S!

My vote is for Rony. We've used him every time we are in Roatan. He will meet you personally and drive you himself or introduce you to a great driver for the day. They are all like having an instant friend in Roatan. Tell him what you like and he will make sure you have a great day. I especially suggest eating at Rony's mom's restaurant. It is such an awesome "local" experience. Rony's company is smaller and - "just my opinion" - he really cares about each and every person. His business is so important to him. You definately will have an awesome day with RONY'S!

unfortunately, we had the opposite experience with Rony. This summer when we go back we are trying Victor Bodden.

My ignorance may be showing, or perhaps I'm just making the assumption that all ziplining booked through Victor Bodden would be on the Mayan Jungle Canopy site; at least that's the way it looks on Victor's web site.

Watching youtube videos, it appears that South Shore offers a bit more of a jungle feel, while the Mayan Jungle Canopy zip looked like you zipped through open fields and valleys...

As such, if I had a choice, I'd zip at South Shore or Pirates, but if I could do that as a part of one of Victor's tours, I'd book it in a heartbeat...

Has anyone done this?

My ignorance may be showing, or perhaps I'm just making the assumption that all ziplining booked through Victor Bodden would be on the Mayan Jungle Canopy site; at least that's the way it looks on Victor's web site.

Watching youtube videos, it appears that South Shore offers a bit more of a jungle feel, while the Mayan Jungle Canopy zip looked like you zipped through open fields and valleys...

As such, if I had a choice, I'd zip at South Shore or Pirates, but if I could do that as a part of one of Victor's tours, I'd book it in a heartbeat...

Has anyone done this?

When you book a driver with Victor you can zip any where you want. If you book zipline with him you'll do the Mayan at his place. We've done Mayan and South Shore and had his driver both times, just let him know what you want to do, heck you could even do Mayan in the AM and South Shore in the PM.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me or do the zipline photos at Victor's place look like you're zipping close to the ground and over a field most of the time?

I was just thinking the same thing. Anyone?

I have been leaning towards this tour because my DH, DS12 &DS14 all want to zip and I don't. Bodden has the Skip The Zip option so that's why we are leaning towards Bodden, plus, the reveiws have been fantastic! Since none of us have zipped, would you recommend?

If anyone has a tour review of the zip-n-dip with bodden or a private tour with him I would love to hear all the details.

I am also tryint to decide what to do. I know I want to have some beach time, see the mokeys. I am trying to decide if we want to zip in Belize or do it with Victor.

So share your ezperiences please.

BTW there will be me, DH twin boys age 12, my mom and stepdad. stepdad will most likely skip the zip and watch our 3.5 year old son.

if we zip in Belize, parernts will do their own thing and our 3.5 year old will go along with them or one of his aunts.

thanks in advance to all.

Archived