Captain's Club question

Felix11

After my first 7 night Celebrity Cruise (CC cabin) I believe I will have 2 credits towards Captain's Club. My question is, if I paid for my son's cabin (my credit card), but it's recorded in his name, do I get the additional 2 credits or are they his? Also, do my husband and I each get 2 credits towards a future sailing? Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

After my first 7 night Celebrity Cruise (CC cabin) I believe I will have 2 credits towards Captain's Club. My question is, if I paid for my son's cabin (my credit card), but it's recorded in his name, do I get the additional 2 credits or are they his? Also, do my husband and I each get 2 credits towards a future sailing? Thanks in advance for any information you can offer.

Not sure I understand the part I've highlighted. 'credits toward a future sailing'? You'll have two credits each towards the Select level in Captains Club. Your son's credits are his own.

You and your husband will each show two cruise credits in your respective Captain's club accounts - each person gets their own account number. They are not combined to give you 4 as a couple. Each of you will still need 3 more to advance to the next level.

Credits are earned for sailing and not for paying, so only your son gets credits for his sailing regardless of who paid.

Everyone who sails in a cabin gets credits for that sailing. So if both you and your husband sailed a 7 day cruise in CC then each of your individual Captains Club accounts will received two credits. If all three of you were on the 7 day CC cabin sailing then each of the three of you would get two credits each, regardless who paid and regardless if you had one CC cabin for all of you or one CC cabin for each person.

The March 18th Millenium trip will be my third Celebrity cruise and i have a Captains' Club #. I do not understand the points- what do they get you, and how do I seen how many I have? Is three cruises too few to have any value? Thaks for taking the time to an:)swer!

All the info is on the Celebrity website. Basically, you get one point per cruise, plus an extra point if you are in Concierge Class or above, plus an extra point if the cruise is 12 nights or longer. Milestones of 5 points and 10 points give some on board perks, such as free or discounted internet, free or discounted laundry. All Captain's Club members get invited to an on-board cocktail party. For more details, consult the website, where you can also check how many credits you have.

Hi Everyone, We will be taking our first cruise on Celebrity Centruy in October to Hawaii, We belong to RCCL crown and Anchor and I was wondering if these credits transfer over to Celebritys Captains Club since it they are owned by the same parent company? If so, do I just contact celebrity to have them added?

Thanks for the help,

Debs6475

Hi Everyone, We will be taking our first cruise on Celebrity Centruy in October to Hawaii, We belong to RCCL crown and Anchor and I was wondering if these credits transfer over to Celebritys Captains Club since it they are owned by the same parent company? If so, do I just contact celebrity to have them added?

Thanks for the help,

Debs6475

Points don't directly transfer, especially now that Crown & Anchor and Captain's Club use different criteria-- RCCL has cruise points, basically a point for every day, X has cruise credits, basically a point for every sailing. Sailing on one line will not add to your points for the other, but if you're Platinum or Emerald on RCCL, you'll be Select on X, and if Diamond or above on RCCL, you'll be Elite on X-- they have reciprocty for those statuses. You'll need to contact Captain's Club prior to sailing to get activated.

Thanks for the help,

Debs6475

Yes, they transfer. We were Diamond on RCCL due to our Elite status on Celebrity. Make sure your TA has your Crown/Anchor # so you will get proper perks on X.

Bobber

Yes, they transfer. We were Diamond on RCCL due to our Elite status on Celebrity. Make sure your TA has your Crown/Anchor # so you will get proper perks on X.

Bobber

Just to be clear, status transfers, not points, and only for the levels I mentioned. BTW, if you're Select on X, you'll be Platinum on RCCL, and will be Diamond if Elite. Gold and Classic statuses are not reciprocal.

I think it's better to think of it this way: the C&A program and the X program give courtesy recognition of each others' milestone levels. The credits do not transfer. They dont combine. You can't take 3 credits on Royal and 2 on X and come up with the 5 credit level on either. If you get to 5 on either line, the other line will recognize that.

I think it's better to think of it this way: the C&A program and the X program give courtesy recognition of each others' milestone levels. The credits do not transfer. They dont combine. You can't take 3 credits on Royal and 2 on X and come up with the 5 credit level on either. If you get to 5 on either line, the other line will recognize that.

That's one way to put it, but keep in mind that C&A is now using a different system-- a point for every day, double points for a suite. 30 RCCL cruise points are needed for Platinum, while 5 X cruise credits are needed for the equivalent Select level. 80 points are needed for Diamond, or 10 X credits for Elite. Depending on length of the cruises, it could be easier or harder to reach the equivalent levels, depending on which line you cruise on. Even then, the benefits are not identical, anyway. To get to Diamond Plus or Pinnacle, you'll need to pile up the credits on RCCL, in any case.

The gist is correct, though, the points/credits don't combine or transfer. Sailing on one won't gain you points or credits on the other.

Archived