'Round The Horn on QM2

Calliope

Just wondering aloud if anyone in this room is considering booking on the QM2 when she rounds the Horn next year, or has already booked? My partner and I have been booked on her first trip around for a month and are counting the seven months till final payment is due (OUCH!), and ten months till sailing (YEA!!)!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cunard has lowered the prices recently for QUEEN MARY 2's first foray into the Pacific. The room that I booked in January is now about $500.00 per person less than it was then. Hopefully the lowered fares might tempt some other family members to join the Queen as she "rounds the Horn"!

You will have a spectacular trip. The QM2 is a tremendous ship; so long as you are comfortable on a huge liner, she will live up to your expectations. We've been on board three times now, each time in one of the forward-facing suites on the 10-deck. I could sit there for hours and watch us sailing towards the horizon....but there are a lot of things offered on board. You can stay as busy as you want, or you can sit back with a book and glass of wine, watching the world go by.

We've been on board three times now, each time in one of the forward-facing suites on the 10-deck. I could sit there for hours and watch us sailing towards the horizon...

That sounds wonderful, Kevin.

Calliope - What are the dates of your cruise and the ports of embarkation and debarkation?

The R.M.S. QUEEN MARY 2 leaves New York bound for L.A. on January 15, 2006. The whole trip is 38 days. If time and money don't allow for the whole voyage, Cunard is offering passage from New York or Ft. Lauderdale to Rio, Rio to Valparaiso, and Valparaiso to L.A. These segments are from 10 days to 14. Once in L.A. the ship makes a 3 night weekend trip, and follows that up with an 11 night round trip to Hawaii. After her innaugural cruise to Hawaii she returns to New York running the mirror image of her trip to L.A. two weeks earlier.

Calliope - That itinerary sounds fabulous. We will start buying lottery tickets and hoping for the best and maybe we'll be able to join you. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to afford the time and money to do the entire New York to New York round trip! Are you two going all the way from NY to LA? I really envy you.

Archived