I got to judge the hairy chest contest! Inspiration review: 2/26/11.

gapearl

THAT was a fantastic review! I just read it start to finish and you have inspired me to do a solo cruise!! I have been thinking about this for a looooong time and while I'm not nearly as outgoing as you (I'm rather shy & self concious), you have inspired me to get out there and just have fun! Thank you for that. I hope I meet you on a cruise some day....Have a great time with your Mom!! :)

Thanks Bibi! I'm sure you'll have a great time if and when you decide to cruise solo. You just might come out of your shell!

Hello! I just returned yesterday from my Carnival Dream Cruise and upon arriving back at my home airport thought I passed a flight attendant who looked just like you!! Were you by chance at the Humphrey airport yesterday around 230 in Minneapolis? I seriously considered turning around and asking but feared I'd look crazy trying to explain cruise critic to someone else! :p

OMG! I went back and checked my schedule. Sure enough, I was in MSP around that time! LOL :p

Great review, gapearl! Love all of your pictures and the energy you have. I sailed on the Inspiration with a friend on March 5th (also to Grand Cayman and Cozumel) and we had quite a different crowd -- TONS of spring breakers! I am 30 and almost felt old. ;) It was a great cruise, though, and I am already itching to plan another!

Hey there! Thanks for the compliments! Glad you also had a good time. Hopefully I left enough wcmc for you. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have NO idea why I started reading this review last night, but I'm so glad I did. I don't even remember where I found it because we are not going on either of the cruises you've reviewed. LOL BUT, your review was such fun to read.

I must admit my addiction to CC and to reading reviews often leads me astray. I had intended to go to bed at a fairly decent hour. It was 1:15 a.m. when I was on page 6 and decided since I had a 9:00 a.m. meeting, I'd better finish it today.

I loved all of the pictures you posted and enjoyed your writing style as well. I'm sure your mom will have good time when the two of you cruise together. The cruise after that; I'm sure that will be a great review as well. Looking forward to reading your other review.

We have fallen in love with cruising, too. Just sorry that we were twice your age + when we went on our first cruise. We're trying to make up for some lost time. Next up, the Glory to Bermuda, then maybe the Dream after that.

Blessings to you as you continue in your travels. Thanks for taking me along with you on this trip.

I have NO idea why I started reading this review last night, but I'm so glad I did. I don't even remember where I found it because we are not going on either of the cruises you've reviewed. LOL BUT, your review was such fun to read.

I must admit my addiction to CC and to reading reviews often leads me astray. I had intended to go to bed at a fairly decent hour. It was 1:15 a.m. when I was on page 6 and decided since I had a 9:00 a.m. meeting, I'd better finish it today.

I loved all of the pictures you posted and enjoyed your writing style as well. I'm sure your mom will have good time when the two of you cruise together. The cruise after that; I'm sure that will be a great review as well. Looking forward to reading your other review.

We have fallen in love with cruising, too. Just sorry that we were twice your age + when we went on our first cruise. We're trying to make up for some lost time. Next up, the Glory to Bermuda, then maybe the Dream after that.

Blessings to you as you continue in your travels. Thanks for taking me along with you on this trip.

Thanks so much for reading! I also find myself up many nights at 1:15 am reading reviews. CC is so addictive, isn't it? I remember starting to read your review from your last cruise but it wasn't finished when I began reading. I thought is was so cool your husband finally got to St. Lucia after so many years of wanting to going there. Have fun on the Glory!

Great review! I am going on this ship in a short time and was wondering if you could tell me what pier the ship docks at? Is it peurta maya or international? I know this sounds shilly but due to personal reasons, if she docks at Peurta Maya, I will have to stay on the ship. Too many happy and sad memories there.... I am hoping she docks at the International...

Great review! I am going on this ship in a short time and was wondering if you could tell me what pier the ship docks at? Is it peurta maya or international? I know this sounds shilly but due to personal reasons, if she docks at Peurta Maya, I will have to stay on the ship. Too many happy and sad memories there.... I am hoping she docks at the International...

Hi, thanks for reading! The Inspiration does dock at Puerta Maya. Whether you decide to stay on the ship or not, I hope you have a great cruise. :)

You are a great writer, you really share your excitement and your love of life in your reviews! I really felt I was there too!

*My first cruise was solo cruise with a CC Group and I LOVED it! Totally will do it again! I have never felt so relaxed and so happy! I'll do it again for sure!

Thanks so much for your great and happy review!

:D

Hi, thanks for reading! The Inspiration does dock at Puerta Maya. Whether you decide to stay on the ship or not, I hope you have a great cruise. :)

thanks! Have you ever read about men that lead a double life and the women dont know? I am one of the stupid women. so was his wife. For two and a half years. One of my happiest memories is our time in Coz. Cannot go into the port if she docks there, still too painful. However I had read that the cruise this week leaving yesterday, was sheduled to arrive at the International pier. Hoping mine will be the same.

What an awesome review!!! The thought of traveling alone scares the crap out of me!!! I have always wanted to do the horseback excursion!!! I just friend requested you on fb. Off to read your other review. Have a great day! :D

Here's a site to check to see which pier the Inspiration may be using, it does vary.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Cruiseships

Hi Gapearl, I just read your review of the Imagination. Loved that review, also. Sorry to hear about the deaths in your family, but glad you and your mom went ahead on the cruise. I'm sure your loved ones would have wanted that.

I appreciated you using pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month and I add strong support to your statement about doing breast sefl exams. Our daughter died of breast cancer almost five years ago at the age of thirty-six. I would add, if you find something is not right, and the doctors don't pursue the problem enough because they think you are too young, get other opinions. Cancer knows no age. Mammograms are not effective in detecting cancer in young women because the breasts are so dense. So, be aware of all options for diagnosis. I like your pink ribbon in your signature. I'm going to look into that and may place it in mine as well. I hope you don't mind.

Once again, I really enjoyed your review. I felt as if I was right there with you. Go, MOM for winning $300.00 ! It sounds as if you both enjoyed the adventure.

One thing that I enjoy so much on a cruise, is meeting other cruisers. Yes, it is amazing how you can connect with stangers. We met the cousin of someone who was in school with our son from Kindergarten through high school on our Legend cruise. We left the area where we used to live 20 years ago. They were from the same location in upstate NY where we used to live. Wow, it is a small world after all.

Even though it is clear that you LOVE your Chocolate Melting Cake with 2 scoops of ice cream, you must try the bitter and blanch dessert. It is only offered once, so order it when you see it. Have that along with one CMC that night. Let me know how you liked it !

You are a beautiful young woman with a beautiful spirit. I'm sure your mom is proud of all that you have accomplished and all that you are yet to do. Thanks again for sharing. I would love to run into you on a cruise or on a plane one of these days. Looking forward to your next cruise. C'mon CC hook a sister up with a free cruise for all this great press ! LOL

Hello Gapearl,

Like many others I was sucked into reading your review till late last night and only got through half of it. It is truly a great review and I throughly enjoyed reading it. I thought it was very funny that you did the two scoops with the piece of heaven on ship, that being the CMC. It is my favorite desert when cruising. Look forward to reading your next review, can't come soon enough. I just wish you had one for the glory as I am taking my family and mother-in-law on June 13th of this year. Maybe with some wishful thinking, I can give a detailed review like you gave. Again, loved your review.:)

You are a great writer, you really share your excitement and your love of life in your reviews! I really felt I was there too!

*My first cruise was solo cruise with a CC Group and I LOVED it! Totally will do it again! I have never felt so relaxed and so happy! I'll do it again for sure!

Thanks so much for your great and happy review!

:D

Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed reading.

thanks! Have you ever read about men that lead a double life and the women dont know? I am one of the stupid women. so was his wife. For two and a half years. One of my happiest memories is our time in Coz. Cannot go into the port if she docks there, still too painful. However I had read that the cruise this week leaving yesterday, was sheduled to arrive at the International pier. Hoping mine will be the same.

Yikes! :eek:

What an awesome review!!! The thought of traveling alone scares the crap out of me!!! I have always wanted to do the horseback excursion!!! I just friend requested you on fb. Off to read your other review. Have a great day! :D

Thanks for reading! The horseback riding is AWESOME! Give it a try one day! I'll have to go check my friend requests for yours.

Hello Gapearl,

Like many others I was sucked into reading your review till late last night and only got through half of it. It is truly a great review and I throughly enjoyed reading it. I thought it was very funny that you did the two scoops with the piece of heaven on ship, that being the CMC. It is my favorite desert when cruising. Look forward to reading your next review, can't come soon enough. I just wish you had one for the glory as I am taking my family and mother-in-law on June 13th of this year. Maybe with some wishful thinking, I can give a detailed review like you gave. Again, loved your review.:)

Thanks a lot for reading! One of these days, I'm sure I'll have a review for the Glory. I'll be looking forward to reading yours. Have a great cruise!

Hi Gapearl, I just read your review of the Imagination. Loved that review, also. Sorry to hear about the deaths in your family, but glad you and your mom went ahead on the cruise. I'm sure your loved ones would have wanted that.

I appreciated you using pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month and I add strong support to your statement about doing breast sefl exams. Our daughter died of breast cancer almost five years ago at the age of thirty-six. I would add, if you find something is not right, and the doctors don't pursue the problem enough because they think you are too young, get other opinions. Cancer knows no age. Mammograms are not effective in detecting cancer in young women because the breasts are so dense. So, be aware of all options for diagnosis. I like your pink ribbon in your signature. I'm going to look into that and may place it in mine as well. I hope you don't mind.

Once again, I really enjoyed your review. I felt as if I was right there with you. Go, MOM for winning $300.00 ! It sounds as if you both enjoyed the adventure.

One thing that I enjoy so much on a cruise, is meeting other cruisers. Yes, it is amazing how you can connect with stangers. We met the cousin of someone who was in school with our son from Kindergarten through high school on our Legend cruise. We left the area where we used to live 20 years ago. They were from the same location in upstate NY where we used to live. Wow, it is a small world after all.

Even though it is clear that you LOVE your Chocolate Melting Cake with 2 scoops of ice cream, you must try the bitter and blanch dessert. It is only offered once, so order it when you see it. Have that along with one CMC that night. Let me know how you liked it !

You are a beautiful young woman with a beautiful spirit. I'm sure your mom is proud of all that you have accomplished and all that you are yet to do. Thanks again for sharing. I would love to run into you on a cruise or on a plane one of these days. Looking forward to your next cruise. C'mon CC hook a sister up with a free cruise for all this great press ! LOL

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm training now to run a marathon this fall to raise money for breast cancer funding. I'm nervous because it's weeks after I return from my next cruise. That means I'll HAVE to cut my pool time short to get on the treadmill every day! :eek:

I've read rave reviews about the bitter and blanc. I guess I'll give it a try on my next one. But back to the wcmc after that. ;) It really is a small world on these cruises! I've even bumped into some of my cruise friends from Texas on a random day in a random restaurant in Tennessee.

I'll keep you posted on the status of me getting a free cruise. Not holding my breath waiting though. lol Thanks for all the kind words. I appreciate it! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
My room was a 1A, E-187. The location was similar to the one on my last cruise. I love the empress deck (deck 7). It’s the deck used for embarkation and debarkation. I was towards the back, right by the elevator and stairs. It was one deck up to the dining room and 2 decks up to all the lounges. There was one twin bed and one upper. The advantage to traveling solo is having all the closet space to yourself!

Inspiration016.jpg

Bathroom is on the left, closet is on the right.

Inspiration008.jpg

Inspiration014.jpg

Inspiration012.jpg

Inspiration009.jpg

As always, I packed way too much!

Inspiration046.jpg

More to come later tonight......

thats a lot of shoes!!! thanks for the review!

A good part of this weekend has been spent reading your two reviews. I really enjoyed them. I just finished reading your Carnival Imagination review where you wrote:

"I figure I have to enjoy this time in my life while I can because I will not be able to travel like this forever."

I was also a flight attendant in the 70s. My DH and I traveled extensively then, since the deals were great :D and I could bunch up my flying hours and wind up with 10 to 15 days off a month, sometimes. I would use the interline discounts to fly all over the place. During that time, we only took one cruise though, a Windjammer Barefoot Cruise. Didn't care for it much and never cruised again until long after I quit flying in 2004. I am now 61 years old, have a truly hard time with mobility :( and do not enjoy flying anymore :eek: but I enjoy cruising very much.

Yes, I agree, we did it just like you say here. See the world now while you have the chance, especially since you enjoy traveling solo.

Happy trails!

A good part of this weekend has been spent reading your two reviews. I really enjoyed them. I just finished reading your Carnival Imagination review where you wrote:

"I figure I have to enjoy this time in my life while I can because I will not be able to travel like this forever."

I was also a flight attendant in the 70s. My DH and I traveled extensively then, since the deals were great :D and I could bunch up my flying hours and wind up with 10 to 15 days off a month, sometimes. I would use the interline discounts to fly all over the place. During that time, we only took one cruise though, a Windjammer Barefoot Cruise. Didn't care for it much and never cruised again until long after I quit flying in 2004. I am now 61 years old, have a truly hard time with mobility :( and do not enjoy flying anymore :eek: but I enjoy cruising very much.

Yes, I agree, we did it just like you say here. See the world now while you have the chance, especially since you enjoy traveling solo.

Happy trails!

Thanks for taking time out of your weekend to read my reviews! I'm glad you enjoyed them. So you flew back in the days where they had monthly weigh ins. Oh God, PLEASE don't let them bring those back! :eek: The travel bug has hit me so hard because the interline discounts are so good. I'm thinking I want to scale back on cruising and start taking more land trips. Just 2 1/2 months after my cruise, I was able to go to Spain for a few days. South Africa will hopefully be my next big trip! I average 10-13 days off a month. I know quite a few people that average 18 days off a month, but I can't afford to fly that little. I'm sorry to hear flying doesn't work for you any more, but keep on sailing! :)

Thanks for taking time out of your weekend to read my reviews! I'm glad you enjoyed them. So you flew back in the days where they had monthly weigh ins. Oh God, PLEASE don't let them bring those back! :eek: The travel bug has hit me so hard because the interline discounts are so good. I'm thinking I want to scale back on cruising and start taking more land trips. Just 2 1/2 months after my cruise, I was able to go to Spain for a few days. South Africa will hopefully be my next big trip! I average 10-13 days off a month. I know quite a few people that average 18 days off a month, but I can't afford to fly that little. I'm sorry to hear flying doesn't work for you any more, but keep on sailing! :)

Wish I could get on here more often! We didn't have monthly weigh-ins but worse, they asked me if I was planning on getting married when I first started. South Africa was a place I had a ticket to see ...interline but never got to because of a car wreck and a bad whiplash. Enjoy! I wish I'd gone. Just added you to my contacts.

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for sharing so much detail about your cruise. After years of talking about it - my husband and I are taking our 3 kids on this cruise as part of our 25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration (we'll be at the theme parks in Orlando for 9 days prior to this cruise.) Thanks to your review - many of the questions I've had are now answered and I can hardly wait until October 17!

Archived