Noise and a/c in Insignia cabins

edgee

:confused:We are veteran cruisers considering our first Oceania cruise (Insignia) next winter in South America. Normally we select quietest possible cabins with balcony and on a deck with cabins below and cabins above to avoid noise from common areas or crew quarters. However, due to cost considerations, we are thinking about categories D or C (window) or B (non concierge balconies). Should we be concerned about noise, especially if we select a D on deck 3? Also, if we choose a window cabin we are concerned about lack of access to fresh air since windows can not be opened. Is the a/c on these ships adequate and is air circulation satisfactory? Any advice would be appreciated.

We were on Insignia last summer, and Nautica a couple years before. Both times we had Stateroom 4049, a C1 category--nice window no balcony. We did not experience significant noise issues. We were most concerned about noise from the nearby reception area. That proved unfounded. I want lots of air conditioning and I complain loudly if I don't have it. We experienced no problem on either ship with air conditioning or heat. Last summer we cruised along the Norweigian coast, so we didn't need much air conditioning. But on Nautica, we were in the Black Sea and did need air conditioning. I don't recall hearing complaints from other passengers about stateroom temperature or noise on Insignia, but obviously, that doesn't prove there are no such problems. We leave next week for a cruise on Regatta, and I asked my travel agent to get a stateroom close to 4049. since we enjoyed the room before. Guess what? We're in 4049 again. John.

We've been in balcony cabins all over the place on Oceania ships. The a/c is very quiet and I'm a stickler about that kind of noise. We also have not had problems with exterior noise with one exception and that was in a PH suite where we were under the pool deck. I don't know why they put the best real estate under a floor where chairs are being pushed about but lots of ships are that way.

Archived