Carnival Dream Steakhouse......worth it?

SandyCay

It is soooooooooooo worth it!! Now my DH says I always have to pick a ship with a steakhouse on all our future cruises! If it makes him happy and keeps him cruising with me then I am all for it!!! LOL

But yes....it's worth the money. The food is awesome and I seriously doubt you'd be disappointed!

Best meal I ever had, and I've been to numerous restaurants growing up in New York and traveling in my life!. It was sooo good we went back AGAIN!. The Porterhouse was incredible, as the filet mignon, Lobster, cheesecake. You will NEVER get a meal like that for 30 bucks anywhere!

Going back on the Dream May 28th, and one of the highlights will be the Sterling Steakhouse!

Definitely worth it. I am reading on these boards that the Chef's Table is better, but it's double the cost.

I suggest you try to go on a night when the MDR is not serving foods you like or would like to try. Elegant nights, for example. Or, for DW,the night they serve the Grand Marnier souffle; usually that's the last night. While there are somewhat standard menus around for 7 day cruises, they will mix things up every so often, so check on these boards for any latest menus being posted, or recent reviews which will give you a sense of which are the better nights. You can wait unitl you are on board to make reservations and you can change them too.

Hope you dont mind me asking but I have a reservation for 2 nights on our Eastern sailing next month. Does anyone recall the formal night on the Eastern route? I have reservations for Sunday night (Nassau) and Monday(first sea day)

I may just do both nights anyway ;) Thank you

Also, when does the Steakhouse open. Do they have several seatings, or just one seating per night. Is it a MUST to make reservations? We want to try it, but not sure which night would be best. How long does it usually take?

This might help.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLSteakhouseRequest.htm?icid=CC_Hyperlink_7

Also, when does the Steakhouse open. Do they have several seatings, or just one seating per night. Is it a MUST to make reservations? We want to try it, but not sure which night would be best. How long does it usually take?

The Chef's Art steakhouse takes reservations for dining times from 6 PM to 9:30 PM. A reservation isn't required but it's a darn good idea.

Expect the dinner to take 2 and a half hours, perhaps a bit more.

It's well worth the money. I've dined at the steakhouses on every ships that I've sailed that had it available and they were all excellent.

Regarding the post about the Chef's Table... yes, it's much better than the steakhouse but it's more than twice the price. You do get personal attention from the ship's Executive Chef and all the wine you care to drink included in that price.

Enjoy!

:)

Hope you dont mind me asking but I have a reservation for 2 nights on our Eastern sailing next month. Does anyone recall the formal night on the Eastern route? I have reservations for Sunday night (Nassau) and Monday(first sea day)

I may just do both nights anyway ;) Thank you

Sunday night (you're only in nassau until 3P, as I recall) and Thursday night.

Thank you so much for your help, everyone! Looks like I will definitely be making some reservations!

Two and a half hours though?! I didn't realize it would be so long.....we have a 2 year old so I am not quite sure how well it is going to go. LOL

Thank you so much for your help, everyone! Looks like I will definitely be making some reservations!

Two and a half hours though?! I didn't realize it would be so long.....we have a 2 year old so I am not quite sure how well it is going to go. LOL

Camp Carnival offers a baby sitting service for $6 an hour...

For the convenience of our guests Camp Carnival offers babysitting services for children ages 6 months - 11 years each evening from 10pm-3am allowing parents time to enjoy our fun-filled nightlife without having to worry about their little ones.

All babysitting services are offered within Camp Carnival in the form of a "slumber party", where kids can enjoy watching movies and cartoons. Pillows and blankets will be provided and for the younger children cribs are also available. In order to take advantage of this great service, parents should sign up in advance with Camp Carnival. The cost for this service is just $6 per hour for the first child and $4 per hour for each additional sibling in the same immediate family. Payment must be made with your Sail & Sign card and is due upon pick up. Carnival Cruise Lines does not offer any in-cabin babysitting services.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/babysitting.aspx

You could be done in two or less. It's sort of down to you. They won't rush you but if you want to go a little faster, just let them know.

Camp Carnival offers a baby sitting service for $6 an hour...

For the convenience of our guests Camp Carnival offers babysitting services for children ages 6 months - 11 years each evening from 10pm-3am allowing parents time to enjoy our fun-filled nightlife without having to worry about their little ones.

All babysitting services are offered within Camp Carnival in the form of a "slumber party", where kids can enjoy watching movies and cartoons. Pillows and blankets will be provided and for the younger children cribs are also available. In order to take advantage of this great service, parents should sign up in advance with Camp Carnival. The cost for this service is just $6 per hour for the first child and $4 per hour for each additional sibling in the same immediate family. Payment must be made with your Sail & Sign card and is due upon pick up. Carnival Cruise Lines does not offer any in-cabin babysitting services.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/babysitting.aspx

I'm kind of overprotective and weird about who watches my kid so I probably won't take advantage of that service but good to know it is there! :)

We have an ipad so I will be sure to download some new movies and apps. It keeps her nice and busy whenever we go out to dinner and we got her some toddler sized headphones so she won't disturb anyone nearby.

Sooooo worth it! Can't wait to eat there again in June :) Whatever you do, order the cheesecake for dessert... It's to die for & the slice is HUGE! :D

I'll be sure to do that! I love cheesecake! Thank you!

Archived