Good food recommendations?

luvthesun!

I'm going on my 1st cruise soon (Imagination).. anyone have good recommendations for food to order? Also, my DH is wondering what he has to wear for the formal dinner... I keep seeing "dark suits" but he says he has friends telling him he can wear khakis? Any help for me?? Thanks!!:)

I'm going on my 1st cruise soon (Imagination).. anyone have good recommendations for food to order? Also, my DH is wondering what he has to wear for the formal dinner... I keep seeing "dark suits" but he says he has friends telling him he can wear khakis? Any help for me?? Thanks!!:)

Assume you're on Carnival Cruise Line which tends to be less formal than others. However, my dh still wears a dark suit on formal nights - guess we're still of the old school where formal means formal.

Menus in dining rooms will offer a variety of options - including some type of beef, poultry, fish, and usually, a vegetarian entree.

I love Carnival's Caesar salads (available every night). Although, not an anchovy fan, they have a more anchovy taste. DH doesn't care for them.

They, also, have a shrimp dish on the menu that is a favorite. Can't remember name, but it's fried panko-breaded shrimp served with an Oriental rice.

Also, the molten chocolate cake (available every night) is to die for.

:)Enjoy!:)

There is no formal night on Carnival. The have a very relaxed elegant night instead. I wore shorts and a bowling type shirt for non-elegant nights and dockers w/ button up shirt(no tie or jacket) on elegant nights in the MDR.

The only thing I disliked on Carnival was the warm chocolate melting cake. It was disgusting.

There is no formal night on Carnival. The have a very relaxed elegant night instead. I wore shorts and a bowling type shirt for non-elegant nights and dockers w/ button up shirt(no tie or jacket) on elegant nights in the MDR.

This is what DH wears also

The only thing I disliked on Carnival was the warm chocolate melting cake. It was disgusting.

When the melting cake is done right it is very good. It's not always done right.

If you do not like something, the waiter will get you something else. We've discovered that the food varies. What's great one cruise can be lousy the next. Last cruise 4 at our table ordered the shortribs, 2 were perfect, 2 were dry dreck.

Our favorites have been the Indian dinner, pumpkin soup, yam pie, Mongolian Steak Salad, rack of ribs and the duck.

Carnival has greatly relaxed what used to be called formal nights on their cruises. Now, on regular nights, shorts of a decent length can be worn and on elegant nights they just ask that you don't wear jeans or shorts. Jackets and suits are no longer required.

As far as the menu, my favorite item on my last Carnival cruise was the roasted pumpkin soup. So yummy.

Archived