Epic Ship tour

springclean02

We got a behind the scenes ship tour 2 years ago on the Dawn with the shore excursion desk for $55/person.

We had a very small meet and greet group for our cruise on the Star and were offered a bridge tour. From my understanding this is all up to the captain and dependent on the size of the group.

As the previous post indicated, you can book it as a shore excursion and it is called a Behind the Scenes tour. Just make sure you take one pair of closed toe shoes...No open toed shoes are allowed through some of the areas.

MYLESF - Does Epic even have one?

(I know since 9/11 they have scaled back on some of these behind the scene tours.)

When I was on it in August they did offer it..Going back on in April so I can check it then.

Hi from Arkansas!

Does anyone know if there is a MEET & GREET on Transatlantic MIA to Barcelona May 7 sailing?

How can we sign up?:)

Yes, there is a verrry active roll call. Somewhere on the last few pages you will find a list of CC activities. Just go to NCL Roll Calls and you will see the thread for the TA.

We did the behind the scenes tour on the Epic last September and it was awesome, I highly recommend it. It was $55 per person and well worth it. It lasted about 2 hours and they took us to the galley, the laundry area, the crew areas, and where they take care of the trash and recycling. You could also look onto the bridge, but weren't allowed to actually go in there. They let you take pictures as well.

Last Aug. on Epic there was a short Behind the Scenes tour offered. This Jan./ Feb. I was on a B2B again and the tour has really developed since last summer.

The tour lasted about 2 1/2 hrs and included visits with the Asst. HD, the Production Mgr. for all the entertainment, the Environmental officer, the laundry master, one of the bridge officers, the Provisions Master (through the freezers & food), the Food & Bev. Dir. explaining about the food operation, the Exec. Chef (galley tour). We got to go to all of the areas as well as I-95 where all the crew passes (you don't actually visit a crew cabin or private crew areas).

Have done similar tours on other ships and they all follow the same format. However, on ships that don't have a "bridge viewing room," we actually got to go on the bridge.

Tours have been very well done, informative and fun. Limited to about a dozen people. 55/pp unless you are Platinum Latitudes (no charge).

You can take pictures. Do wear closed toed shoes as they request - it can be slippery in areas and you are climbing up and down back stairs.

• 2 weeks later...
Last Aug. on Epic there was a short Behind the Scenes tour offered. This Jan./ Feb. I was on a B2B again and the tour has really developed since last summer.

The tour lasted about 2 1/2 hrs and included visits with the Asst. HD' date=' the Production Mgr. for all the entertainment, the Environmental officer, the laundry master, one of the bridge officers, the Provisions Master (through the freezers & food), the Food & Bev. Dir. explaining about the food operation, the Exec. Chef (galley tour). We got to go to all of the areas as well as I-95 where all the crew passes (you don't actually visit a crew cabin or private crew areas).

Have done similar tours on other ships and they all follow the same format. However, on ships that don't have a "bridge viewing room," we actually got to go on the bridge.

Tours have been very well done, informative and fun. Limited to about a dozen people. 55/pp unless you are Platinum Latitudes (no charge).

You can take pictures. Do wear closed toed shoes as they request - it can be slippery in areas and you are climbing up and down back stairs.[/quote']

Can you book the tour through the shore excursion phone number, or only on the ship?

Archived