Carnival Legend-Info and Ideas

OpalFaerie

Hi to all on the Carnival Forum!

I am new to Carnival, though I have cruised many times with Disney. I am getting married this summer and my fiancee and I are considering booking with Carnival. The Legend is sailing on July 10th and we would really like to book this cruise. We will likely book an IS guaranteed room(mostly because of the price) but would love to get one of those French Door rooms. Any secrets or tips, or just good info about Carnival and the Legend would be greatly appreciated. My fiancee has never cruised before but I know the ropes pretty well, though I'm not sure what to expect with Carnival. Anyways, any comments or recommendations are welcome!

We did the Legend last July and had a great cruise. I think the Legend is well priced and you get 4 very good ports. This ship is in good shape, but I think it just went through a dry dock for upgrades....even better. We had a 7A balcony its a very good price for a balcony. Food was great and if not for a little rain in Belize...Perfect week.

I believe the French doors rooms have very little view looking out...Thinking you will be

looking at the side of the life boats....You guys will like the Legend. We had great excursions at each stop that really made the trip complete....

I think you picked the right ship. We loved it the ship is easy to get around. I don't think you will have as many kids on this ship as they do on the Disney lines. The 2 times we were on this ship we had a balcony and loved it. The showers in the spa are free to use and are real nice. It you have the extra funds eat in the Steak house once great food. Depends on how much $$$ you have to spend the first time we went we swam with the Dolphins in Cozumel we took a cab and booked online as Carnival does not have a full Dolphin swim. We did the Sting Ray tour in GC was real nice. We done the Ruins both times in Belize and did the beach thing in Hondurus( Rotan). We had a buget and we were good sticking to it. If you are drinkers your S&S can take a big hit. We bought drink coupons before we left and that seemed to save us $$$ I know some will complain they are a pain but they worked for us. Our last cruise our S&S bill was less than $700 for the week and we had a great time.

Mike

Thanks so much! This ship does seem to be a favorite among Carnival followers, and I really liked the size of it and that it has been refurbished. We are looking forward to Serenity, as I do not want to spend my time in the sun listening to screaming kids :) Plus it seems like the view from Serenity is just gorgeous. We have thought about excursions, but I was unsure if it was best to book through Carnival or to do them online. Price is obviously important, but so is safety and reliability.

Great ship. If you go french door get a room between lifeboats so you can see the water like 4140. On embarkation I saw one person look out the door. No one else the entire trip.

Dolphinaris is now a Carnival excursion. Not sure if you can book separately any more. Wear a one piece!:eek:

I don't think they have Serenity area. Inspiration out of Tampa does as does that class ship. It's packed on sea days.

Thanks for the swimsuit tip! The Legend does have Serenity, it was installed during the latest refurb. I've read it several places and seen pics.

I am looking on Carnival's website at excursions for Grand Cayman, Belize City, Cozumel, and Roatan, Bay Islands. I am confused if Isla Roatan is the same thing as Roatan, Bay Islands. Considering Sting Ray City at GC and maybe just a regular beach day at Roatan or Belize City. Cheap shopping at Cozumel is probably going to be enough for me(I've been there and couldn't wait to get back on the ship after making purchases).

We're on the Legend in September and can't wait!

She has a new sereity area that was just added!

The 4 ports are a definite draw.

If you can, get a balcony. We absolutely love them! It's so nice to simply open a door and be outside to view the ocean and various ports of call.

Have fun. We'll be there soon!

I was amazed at having so many ports right next to each other! I do love sea days, but you don't have to spend the whole day in port, since there is so much to do on ship. I am really excited about trying Carnival because my only experience so far has been Disney(which was unbelievably nice but very pricey).

Suggestions of any couple-specific activities to do onboard? I've cruised with family before but never as a couple, so I'm trying to think of new things to do.

The Legend is a great ship and we had a wonderful time on her last year. Definitely get a balcony if you can. She's probably the nicest ship in the fleet now with the refurb she has had and all the gradual updates they're doing (flat screens, new beds, etc...) and one of the best values too.

If you definitely want one of those inside cabins with the obstructed view french doors, DO NOT book a guarantee, as it is doubtful you would get one.

(as people know of them and pick them first)

Do a search and find threads about these cabins and get some suggestions for which ones are between the lifeboats to maximize your cabin experience.

(at least get a tiny view of the ocean)

Can't wait to go on her this September for the first time myself.

Bill

Anyone else cruising July 10th on the Legend? Would be interesting to see how many members here are going. I've always cruised Nov/Dec, so I'm not sure how popular summer cruises are(I imagine the weather will be very hot, or so I hope).

Hi OpalFaerie. Guess my two sons (22 and 18) and I will be joining you on your Honeymoon. We sailed the same itinerary during Christmas break. It was our first time on the Spirit class and we loved the smaller size so much, we're repeating the cruise in July. The Legend was our favorite ship - even before their dry dock. So I'm sure it's even more wonderful now. The ship is easy to get around, fewer lines than I've had on other Carnival cruises and the late night comedy club shows were a riot.

I'm sure you'll love her too! Join us on our roll call. There are lots of ideas for excursions listed. Hope to sail with you

We did the Legend last may and are going again this may(8th) It's a great ship with awesome ports.

One tip for you, before booking in Roatan do a search for Victor Bodden tours, you'll be happy with them.

Suggestions of any couple-specific activities to do onboard? I've cruised with family before but never as a couple, so I'm trying to think of new things to do.

We liked doing the trivia games during the day and also played board and card games with eachother in the game room. If you make some friends with your roll call you might be able to plan some activities with another couple.

We did the Legend last may and are going again this may(8th) It's a great ship with awesome ports.

One tip for you, before booking in Roatan do a search for Victor Bodden tours, you'll be happy with them.

Book excursions off the ship - you can check out the ports forums to get good suggestions. Victor Bodden is highly rated in Isla Roatan. Our friends did his tour on the ship last year and we did the Carnival tour, then we regretted not doing Victor after hearing all the fun things they got to do at a cheaper price than us.

Anyway - the Legend is a great ship. Get a balcony if you can afford it, really worthwhile.

My friend and I will be on the Legend July 10th. We have decided to leave the families behind and take a "girl" cruise. We have only booked one score excursion through Carnival and it is in Belize...if the ship stops there by then.

obstructed view is the way to go if you got a budget! We sail 3 years ago in cabin 4115 and we had a view between to life boats to the water. We're sailing her again this April 17th and have booked the 4K (I think it is) obstructed view cabin again this year, cabin 4155. This ones at the end directly next to a non-obstructed view cabin. hoping to get an even better view. I love these cabins because we pay only for an inside, but get to see and smell the sea when the doors open!

Anyone else cruising July 10th on the Legend? Would be interesting to see how many members here are going. I've always cruised Nov/Dec, so I'm not sure how popular summer cruises are(I imagine the weather will be very hot, or so I hope).

We have started a roll call, come on over and join us!

Amy

Book excursions off the ship - you can check out the ports forums to get good suggestions. Victor Bodden is highly rated in Isla Roatan. Our friends did his tour on the ship last year and we did the Carnival tour, then we regretted not doing Victor after hearing all the fun things they got to do at a cheaper price than us.

Anyway - the Legend is a great ship. Get a balcony if you can afford it, really worthwhile.

So, not to be dumb, but Isla Roatan is the same thing as Roatan, Bay Islands? I assumed so, but you never know. The prices for booking through Carnival's website seem pretty inexpensive to me, but I will definitely check out some of the off-ship vendors as well. Thanks for all the great advice, my soon-to-be hubby will be happy to read all of the suggestions!

Thanks for the swimsuit tip! The Legend does have Serenity, it was installed during the latest refurb. I've read it several places and seen pics.

Thanks for the info...learn something new everyday on CC!

Twice I rode the dolphin and twice my bottms ended up around my knees with my legs splayed. Sheesh!

So, not to be dumb, but Isla Roatan is the same thing as Roatan, Bay Islands? I assumed so, but you never know. The prices for booking through Carnival's website seem pretty inexpensive to me, but I will definitely check out some of the off-ship vendors as well. Thanks for all the great advice, my soon-to-be hubby will be happy to read all of the suggestions!

Yes, Roatan is one of the Bay Islands. It is very beautiful.

If this is your first cruise you might book excursions through Carnival to get the hang of things. As you will see when you dock, you can book any excursion on shore and save some cash! That's what we do, but the first time or two we booked through the ship.

I was amazed at having so many ports right next to each other! I do love sea days, but you don't have to spend the whole day in port, since there is so much to do on ship. I am really excited about trying Carnival because my only experience so far has been Disney(which was unbelievably nice but very pricey).

We were disappointed with the food, entertainment & service on our recent cruise on the Carnival Legend. They aren't what they used to be. Royal Caribbean hasn't cut back in these areas, at least not from our last experience that we could tell. They are generally priced about the same depending on the ship you go on, might be a tad bit more. From what I've heard Disney ranks high in service & entertainment, so I would hate for you to be disappointed.

Our honeymoon cruise was also on the Legend a couple years ago. We got a free trip to Tabyana Beach in Roatan because our other excursion was cancelled. We had an amazing time there, great relaxation, snorkeling, just enjoying the sun. I'm sure it would be cheap to get out there via taxi if you didn't book through Carnival. Enjoy!

Archived