Excursion assistance needed.... please!

2kiddomommy

I am traveling with my then 4 yo DS and 1.5 yo DD in June on Freedom OTS. We will be stopping at Labadee, Haiti, Falmouth, Jamaica, George Town, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, Mexico.

Is there only one port at each of these stops, or do I need to search out the name of the actual pier the ship will stop at?

The reason I ask this is that I am having trouble finding appropriate excursions for my young family. I am struggling to figure out what transportation is used to get from the pier to the excursion (as we will not have carseats with us).

I would love to hear about excursions you have experienced with young kids. I would also appreciate any tips you could offer me on how to research the excursion transportation.

Thank you so much....

Labadee is the cruiselines "private beach"....there's only 1 dock! Consider this a "sea day", on land! Everything operates just like on the ship, and a BBQ lunch is included. You can use it as a beach day, and not spend any money, or you can book zip-line, rollercoaster, waverunners, parasailing, etc....and spend a bundle....it's up to you. There will be plenty of lounge chairs and some hammocks...lots of sun and shade. It's a lovely day!

your itinerary will tell you where the ship docks at the other places...for instance, in Grand Cayman, you dock(well, no dock...you TENDER!) in Georgetown. There are buses right at the dock. No carseats needed. The dock area at Falmouth, Jamaica isn't complete, so do research this port carefully, since most points of interest are quite a distance. A ship's excursion will make sure you get back on time!

Get a guidebook on your ports, so you'll know what there is in each place. The book will tell you about transportation options, too.

Do get a guidebook....libraries have them, or you can buy one. It's the best way to maximize your shore time!

For excursions with such little ones, you might want to just consider finding a nice beach for the kids to run and around and splash in the water. When I traveled on my then 3 yo DD on her 1st cruise, we just hit the beaches. On Grand Cayman, we went to 7-mile beach. Its very crowded right where the buses and taxis drop you off. So, we set off to the right and just walked until the spaces between people grew to our liking. I dumped out the beach toys and everyone had a grand time.

We did the same in Cozumel, but we also did a little shopping down the main drag and then picked up a little lunch.

Archived