Rain forest Canopy & Zip-line advice needed

believer33323

My wife and I am taking a cruise to Alaska this June and were thinking of doing the Rain forest Canopy & Zip-line, It's seems to be a favorite of many, at least as far as ratings go. I cannot decide which one is better. In Juneau or Ketchikan. Can anyone give me some advice??

My wife and I am taking a cruise to Alaska this June and were thinking of doing the Rain forest Canopy & Zip-line, It's seems to be a favorite of many, at least as far as ratings go. I cannot decide which one is better. In Juneau or Ketchikan. Can anyone give me some advice??

FYI, Did you know they are in the Alaska toursaver book? We are doing this in Juneau, one, because we are doing a float tour in Ketchikan, but also because in Juneau some portion of the lines run over some old mining areas.

FYI, Did you know they are in the Alaska toursaver book? We are doing this in Juneau, one, because we are doing a float tour in Ketchikan, but also because in Juneau some portion of the lines run over some old mining areas.

Do you make your reservations for zip ride yet? I read somewhere that some vendors only have a certain number of coupons they will accept. some are saying it is sometimes a crap shoot to use them.If it is on the up and up it will more than pay for itself on the first use sine the tickets are 170 each at buy on e get one it will only be 269.00 for both of use with the book purchase.

We have done both ziplines. Both are great. One difference is that in Juneau you rappel from the last platform. In Ketchikan, you walk down steps. Another thing to consider is that with both ziplines, you are driven up the mountain....to a point. You must walk the last part on your own. The last several yards are uphill....and fairly steep.

Do you make your reservations for zip ride yet? I read somewhere that some vendors only have a certain number of coupons they will accept. some are saying it is sometimes a crap shoot to use them.If it is on the up and up it will more than pay for itself on the first use sine the tickets are 170 each at buy on e get one it will only be 269.00 for both of use with the book purchase.

Yes, we made reservations a few months ago. What you are hearing about the use of the coupon is correct. Best to call the place first, making sure you can use the coupon before buying the book. The book will save us about $450.00. Depending on when you go, there will be used books for sale.

Gohogs34@yahoo.com

We are going on this tour in Ketchikan directly through our cruise with Princess...the reason for this is because of time. Princess is in port until about 2:30pm (tour starts at 9:30am and is 3 1/2hrs, from start to end) in the event that your tour runs late and you have booked independently your ship apparently won't wait. However if you book directly with your ship, and you get back late you won't need to worry because they won't leave their passengers behind.

As far as price, it was slightly higher but nothing significant...sometimes piece of mind and convenience is worth it.

Good luck, have fun and keep us posted!!:)

We are going on this tour in Ketchikan directly through our cruise with Princess...the reason for this is because of time. Princess is in port until about 2:30pm (tour starts at 9:30am and is 3 1/2hrs, from start to end) in the event that your tour runs late and you have booked independently your ship apparently won't wait. However if you book directly with your ship, and you get back late you won't need to worry because they won't leave their passengers behind.

As far as price, it was slightly higher but nothing significant...sometimes piece of mind and convenience is worth it.

Good luck, have fun and keep us posted!!:)

Good point! I wonder if RCC has the same policy. I noticed on the zip line web site when going through the Holland America web site it stated that the transportation to and from the excursion was included. Is this the norm or not??

Archived