Air Tran schedule posting

rach1fun

I just booked a cruise for Oct 16 leaving out of San Juan. We are planning on going a day early, so I need airfare for Oct. 15-23. Air Tran seems to be the cheapest for my needs so far, but their schedule is only posted thru the 15th. I called and they said the next posting of schedule will be either end of March or 1st 2 wks in April. I keep hearing BUY NOW, BUY NOW, so what do I do?

1. Forget AirTran, go with something that is out right now, more expensive, but at least I got it...

2. Buy the outgoing air with AirTran now, and see what happens when the return air is posted...

3. Wait all together and do the round-trip air together once posted, or possibly thru somewhere else if their return air isnt favorable...

your opinions are much appreciated!!!

I just booked a cruise for Oct 16 leaving out of San Juan. We are planning on going a day early, so I need airfare for Oct. 15-23. Air Tran seems to be the cheapest for my needs so far, but their schedule is only posted thru the 15th. I called and they said the next posting of schedule will be either end of March or 1st 2 wks in April. I keep hearing BUY NOW, BUY NOW, so what do I do?

1. Forget AirTran, go with something that is out right now, more expensive, but at least I got it...

2. Buy the outgoing air with AirTran now, and see what happens when the return air is posted...

3. Wait all together and do the round-trip air together once posted, or possibly thru somewhere else if their return air isnt favorable...

your opinions are much appreciated!!!

I'm in a similar situation with Southwest. I'm going to Orlando in Sept. and Southwest's schedule only goes out to the end of Sept. but my return will be Oct. and that schedule is not out. I could use your option #2 but I am going to wait until the Oct. schedule comes out and book the trip as a round trip which is cheaper than two one way trips. I think all the buy now suggestions are due to the expected rise in the cost of jet fuel with the cost of a barrel of oil being over $100 per barrel. Use option #3 you'll still be purchasing at least 6 months out and should get a better fare and as always keep shopping around. Good luck! :D

Thanks Eng23! I think thats hat I wanted to do in my gut, just so nervewracking... Im hoping waiting will pay off, now if they would just post it sooner rather thn later.....

Good luck on your search also!

I'm in a similar situation with Southwest. I'm going to Orlando in Sept. and Southwest's schedule only goes out to the end of Sept. but my return will be Oct. and that schedule is not out. I could use your option #2 but I am going to wait until the Oct. schedule comes out and book the trip as a round trip which is cheaper than two one way trips. I think all the buy now suggestions are due to the expected rise in the cost of jet fuel with the cost of a barrel of oil being over $100 per barrel. Use option #3 you'll still be purchasing at least 6 months out and should get a better fare and as always keep shopping around. Good luck! :D

Southwest next lot of dates comes out March 14.

Archived