Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port?

karmavacations

We stayed here 2 nights post cruise last November. The hotel is very nice and relatively new. They have a very nice pool, and hot tub area. The lobby area is comfortable and arranged like a club with sofas, comfortable chairs and large flat screen tv. A real nice food and bar area, although rather small. The food is excellent. They do have free shuttle from FLL and to the port. The rooms are comfortable with 2 flat screen tvs, comfortable bedding and nice bathrooms. We were there only late in the evening and then back to the airport early in the morning so didnt walk anywhere in the area. The only problem I would have staying here is that the hotel is really not close to much of anything. You could walk to Oakwood Plaza but would require a pretty long walk and crossing under the freeway and about 8 lanes of traffic. We were advised by the staff that it wasnt a good idea to walk there in the evening. If it was located on the other side of the freeway or if you had a car it would be a great place to stay.

Thank you so much for your input!

Since I won't have a car, it all depends on what time I can get a flight into FLL. If it is an early flight I think I would choose a different hotel, but if I am getting in late I would stay there as I can have dinner right in hotel. Don't want to try to walk across freeway LOL!

The photos and price of this hotel look great which has me tempted...

We stayed here in November as well and it's a nice hotel.

There are crosswalks at the lights with signals and you actually go under the freeway, so it's not like you are dodging speeding cars....well, not really anways. :)

With that said, it is a little bit of a walk to get to some restaurants and stores, but not terrible. There are a few fast food restaurants, a Kmart and the like about 1/2 mile from the hotel if you turn left at the main road at the end of the "private road" for the hotel (it sits back a little ways).

Archived