Can you pick your own cabin?

ken85121

No - you are allocated your cabin at the end of your booking when you book online. Perhaps if you contacted Costa direct in your country - they may change it - usually at a price. If you book a "pronto price" cruise or sale cruise - you would be allocated a cabin from the cabins they have specifically set aside for "pronto price" or sales

I book via an agent and have the deckplan infront of me when I book and have managed to get the cabin I wanted each time so far, obviously it does depend on two things...if the cabin you are after is available and if you book early (thus getting a bigger choice).

The cruise I am leaving on in a couple of weeks, the one next year, and my two previous cruises with Costa have all been my choice of cabin type & number.

You can only ask when you call them direct or instruct your agent....check the deck plans, have a few numbers that you like the look of and give it a try...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The on-line Costa computer merely proposes the next available cabin in the category you select and doesn't give you any choice. I always select the cabin I want because I book with my travel agent. I first go on-line and find the cruise I'd like to have, view deck plans, excursions, etc., then I go to my TA and with the deck plan in front of us, he works it out with Costa on their dedicated connection (I think it's called Costa-Click or something like that; it's for travel agencies). Before this, I've either told him the deck and/or cabin area I want, the type of cabin (no interconnecting doors, no pull-down extra beds, etc.) and together we see what Costa can propose (both price and cabin). Then he books an option which gives me 24 hours to think it over before finalizing the reservation booking. It's always worked quite well with Costa, although I have two back-to-back cruises scheduled for Sept-Oct that I'm still trying to arrange the same cabin for both.

Thanks for the responses. If we do book something with Costa, I'll have to find a good agent I guess. Ones that I have used in the past in my area aren't so great. I do plan on booking far in advance so it looks like that will help. :)

Thanks for the responses. If we do book something with Costa, I'll have to find a good agent I guess. Ones that I have used in the past in my area aren't so great. I do plan on booking far in advance so it looks like that will help. :)

Are you a AAA member? I booked my Costa cruise through my local AAA for free because I have my car/home insurance through them and I am a member. My agent is pretty good, if not a little over-worked (I think they've cut back a lot at my local office).

Archived