Worst Airlines?

CoolCruiser21

hdawson, watch SouthWest over the next 18 months and you'll see what I'm speaking of.

Hooters Air has one of the lowest pax load minimums in the industry because all the Hooters restaurants are charged a marketing 'fee' by the airline.

Airlines must fly with a minimum pax load of 85% just to break even. With some airlines that percentage is higher.

And some airlines have a lower load requirement. AirTran is at about 74% and consistantly profitable. Poor Independence Air is running at about 45%. Obviously they are not making money or progress. Hope you're not investing in Hooters. It ain't going to happen.

I live in Alaska and the weather here in the winter can be horrible. Alaska Airlines is the primary carrier and does a great job trying to get in on time but weather related problems always lead to delays. So....don't put too much weight on the 'official' on-time ratings. I fly on Alaska Airline a bunch (have to when you live on an island) and they are top-notch!

Until 2 years ago, I would have said AA. However, US Airways took that "honor" away from them. The booking was bad from beginning to end (and it ended 26 hours after it was scheduled to end). But, they gave us a "discounted rate" for a "minus four star" hotel that rats wouldn't lower themselves to inhabit. We almost missed a transatlantic cruise, and the people at the counters were the rudest airline staff I have ever encountered. As a consolation, they sent us a $75 voucher towards another flight (might I add that the original flight was almost $800 and the hotel was over $75).

I agree with some of the statements made about just sheer numbers. Those of you familiar with summer thunderstorms in Florida realize that flights during that time period are often late, and the airline can do nothing about it. I also agree with the statement that it is somewhat personal. You might just hit a bad flight.

TWA, if they are still in Business, Those planes are in need of some serious repair, and I dont mean Duck tape either, St. Louis home of TWA, One of the nastiest most Dirtiest Airports I have ever been too YUCK !!!! Talk about a DUMP!!!

I like flying with Delta when I fly coast to coast, they have nice clean planes and also their Hub out of Atlanta is very nice, very clean and the people there are nice, unlike St.Louis, worst people that work there, very rude.

I also like flying with America West, never had any problems with them, nice clean planes, I use America West to fly to Az and Nv all the time.

I am really surprised to see some people on this thread do not like American West Airlines. Within the past year, we have twice flown roundtrip from Reno-Tahoe International to Fort Lauderdale, and in October my SO flew round trip from Reno-Tahoe International to Matzalan, and every flight was strictly ON TIME. No bags were lost - and best of all, their fares for first class are very minimal compared to the other airlines.

Just our opinion, but we like the airline, and our experience is from an airport which is subject to severe weather changes - that is at 4,500 feet in elevation and surrounded by very high mountains.

AA. I have never been on time with AA, they are always late. This is not subjective, this is a act. Apparently, the US Postal Service agrees- they canceled their contract with AA last month because of their poor punctuality.

Archived