Emerald AE Mini Suite Question

juakkers

I'm thinking of booking an AE guarantee on a cruise in July on the Emerald. My question is does anyone know if these rooms have a bathtub the same as the other mini suites? There are no AD's available otherwise I would take one of those -the price of an AC gets a lot higher.

I've heard that on some ships these cabins only have showers or are worse in some way than AD/AC's etc. (other than location) Does anyone have definite information on the Emerald cabins? They are D109 & D110

Thanks for your help

I'm thinking of booking an AE guarantee on a cruise in July on the Emerald. My question is does anyone know if these rooms have a bathtub the same as the other mini suites? There are no AD's available otherwise I would take one of those -the price of an AC gets a lot higher.

I've heard that on some ships these cabins only have showers or are worse in some way than AD/AC's etc. (other than location) Does anyone have definite information on the Emerald cabins? They are D109 & D110

Thanks for your help

The AE mini's aft on Dolphin deck were supposed to be accessible rooms but the doors were not wide enough for wheelchairs. Princess finally corrected the problem with the Crown, Emerald and Ruby. D109 an D110 are standard Mini-Suite cabins on those ships.

• 9 months later...

To my knowledge, all of the mini suites have a shower/tub combo.

The AE guarantee option just means you are guaranteed a mini suite. It could be in any category. You will not necessarily get one of the two AE cabins, you might get assigned to an AA, AB, AC, or AD category cabin as well. In fact, it is very unlikely you will get an AE cabin because there are only two of them. The guarantee option means you are willing to take any mini suite in any category in exchange for paying a little less money.

The AE mini's aft on Dolphin deck were supposed to be accessible rooms but the doors were not wide enough for wheelchairs. Princess finally corrected the problem with the Crown, Emerald and Ruby. D109 an D110 are standard Mini-Suite cabins on those ships.

Aren't these 2 cabin all the way forward? ship's motion could be an issue if they a sensitive to the rocking and rolling at sea

To my knowledge, all of the mini suites have a shower/tub combo.

Not all AE minisuites have shower/tub combination in the bathrooms. The original Grand Class ships (Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond, Sapphire and Caribbean) have AE minis that have shower only. These cabins were intended to be wheelchair accessible cabins but they neglected to make the doors wide enough for a wheelchair to fit through them, so they cannot be categorized as accessible cabins. These cabins have a different configuration that does not allow the beds to be made up as a queen and the bathroom is a handicapped accessible bathroom, thus it has only a shower and no tub. In fact the shower is a roll-in shower and is basically a showerhead on the wall with a curtain that pulls around and a drain in the floor. Anything left on the floor stands a chance of getting wet.

Thanks for your help

I am not sure if you are on facebook or not but I have the link below to my facebook page where there are pictures of D109 &D110 - we were in D115 and i have pics of that too in the photo section. I also have pictures of the handicapped mini and the shower which is accessible.

Aren't these 2 cabin all the way forward? ship's motion could be an issue if they a sensitive to the rocking and rolling at sea

we were in D115 the third cabin from the front and even though we felt motion we felt it no more there than we did when we were enjoying coffee in the atrium or when we have had cabins aft. However the sound of the anchor certainly woke us up

Were you upgraded? If not, how is the cabin? We took the guarantee.

We did take the AE guarantee and ended up with an AD - the best thing was that it was E731, the one at the back with the extra large balcony. How lucky was that??

Thanks to those that helped me make the decision - it turned out great!

PS Vickie - had a look at your facebook page - its really interesting & informative

We did take the AE guarantee and ended up with an AD - the best thing was that it was E731, the one at the back with the extra large balcony. How lucky was that??

Thanks to those that helped me make the decision - it turned out great!

PS Vickie - had a look at your facebook page - its really interesting & informative

Call whoever you booked with (Princess or your TA) and IMMEDIATELY mark your cabin DO NOT UPGRADE! For some odd reason these ADs are the second lowest of the mini-suite categories and you stand the chance of them upgrading you to a higher category (which are all inferior to 731! )

Archived