Renaissance Hotel in Seattle

Rotnkid49

Cruising to Alaska on Carnival Spirit on 7/12/11. Need to book a hotel for 2 pre-cruise nights. I have done some research on TripAdvisor & since I like the Marriott chain I was strongly considering staying at the Renaissance on Madison. Is that considered downtown Seattle & does any fellow Cruise Critics have any knowledge of this hotel. Thanks!

Its a fine hotel with some lovely view rooms. Its 5 blocks or so to Pike which is the main corridor and another 5 blocks to the market. Its on top of a steep hill. If your willing to walk its ok. Its right downtown but not as central as say the Sheraton, Hyatt, Westin or others, howver if your willing to walk 5 blocks or so its very nice.

We are staying there in May before our cruise. Got a great rate, I think--king corner suite for $151. I think the hotel looks good. I'll be submitting a review on my blog after our stay, if you want to check it out before you go, Rotnkid49.

< snip on Renaissance Hotel > ... Its right downtown but not as central as say the Sheraton, Hyatt, Westin or others, howver if your willing to walk 5 blocks or so its very nice.

Would love any comments you may have about the Hilton @ 6th & University - location and hotel in general. I never see much (good or bad) about it. Thanks!

We stayed for three nights last June before we took a Cruise to Alaska with Princess. Do ask for a room on the opposite side to the motorway/interstate, as the one we had was on the corner that faced the road. It was quite noisy and we used ear-plugs in order to get a good nights sleep. The room was very good with a siiting area with TV which led to the bedroom with another TV. They had a bar on the top floor with marvelous views and we could see our ship moored in the distance. Loved Seattle and a taxi rank is outside. Hope this helps.

Would love any comments you may have about the Hilton @ 6th & University - location and hotel in general. I never see much (good or bad) about it. Thanks!

Hilton is quite good and very close to Pike and Pine which are the main shopping areas in downtown. Can't speak for the rooms but location is fine. A room facing West should give you a good view or north to see space needle and lk union.

Archived