Horseback Riding?

Zezzie

Wondering if anyone has done this on Bermuda and what you can recommend. Thanks!

We took the ship's excursion to Spiceland Riding Center. It was very pleasant trail ride and we went off the beaten path to see behind the scenes in Bermuda. We would do it again.

Here's a link: http://www.spicelandsriding.com/

We booked spicelands dawn ride two years ago and it was cancelled because heavy rains washed out the trail. We are going back and booked the early morning time as it is the only time they will venture onto the beach. We cant wait - it came highly recommended two years ago!

We booked spicelands dawn ride two years ago and it was cancelled because heavy rains washed out the trail. We are going back and booked the early morning time as it is the only time they will venture onto the beach. We cant wait - it came highly recommended two years ago!

When you say the "early morning time" are you referring to the 7:30am slot? We'd love to see the beach this way but not sure we can make it this early (especially when the spicelands site tells you to get there 30 min in advance!) Thanks

We will also throw in our recommendation for Spicelands Stables. We had done a private tour with them. Call them for availability. They may have a slightly later ride after the ship's tour.

My wife had never ridden before and they matched her up with a great horse. I am an experienced rider, so my horse, Rambo, had a bit of spunk well worthy of his name. The beach ride is beautiful. They are a class operation and the horses are very well cared for.

Eric

DSC00919.jpg.bba51bccd01fd5413b3e166a2658b0dd.jpg

DSC00937.jpg.8dd54c70f8c28714918e454faf344aae.jpg

Hi Zezzie,

The reason the Beach Ride is so early is because the horses have to be off the beach areas early, so as not to interfere with the people - there's a law or regulation about it somewhere.

Having said that , the beach ride is a brilliant way to start your day and is well worth the effort of getting up early!

Have Fun!

Hi Zezzie,

The reason the Beach Ride is so early is because the horses have to be off the beach areas early, so as not to interfere with the people - there's a law or regulation about it somewhere.

Having said that , the beach ride is a brilliant way to start your day and is well worth the effort of getting up early!

Have Fun!

Thanks for the scoop! :)

It has been more than 10 years since I've done the early AM beach ride, but I did it twice and both times I was impressed with their concern for safety, both rider and horse. Once we had a very large group and they had extra guides so that no rider was very far from help. Most people who go are inexperienced, so the staff at Spicelands are ready to be helpful.

Hi Zezzie,

Have Fun!

I am so glad to hear this. I am not a morning person, having to drag myself out of bed for work, dont want to do it on vacation. I thought this sounded like such a nice thing to do. I guess I can always go to bed early the night before. lol

I'm glad to hear such good reviews on this!! I plan on doing it when I go to Bermuda but will not be booking with RCI (instead will book it on my own). Is it easier to get a taxi to take us to Spiceland?? Considering we would have to be there at 7am!

I'm glad to hear such good reviews on this!! I plan on doing it when I go to Bermuda but will not be booking with RCI (instead will book it on my own). Is it easier to get a taxi to take us to Spiceland?? Considering we would have to be there at 7am!

I suggest calling a taxi company the day before to request an early taxi. I was docked in Hamilton the times I did this ride, and it was too early for a bus to get to Spiceland in time. I did take the bus back to Hamilton, however--in boots, breeches, and a brand-new Spicelands t-shirt.

I suggest calling a taxi company the day before to request an early taxi. I was docked in Hamilton the times I did this ride, and it was too early for a bus to get to Spiceland in time. I did take the bus back to Hamilton, however--in boots, breeches, and a brand-new Spicelands t-shirt.

Thanks!

Archived