Carnival dolphin swim in cozumel

DJ56

Since I now have to book directly through Carnival I would like some feedback on the Royal Dolphin Swim VS Dolphin Push, Pull & Swim at Chankanaab. The Royal Swim is $60.00 more...is it worth the $60.00 extra? Once the excursion is over can we stay at the park longer or do we all leave as a group and are taken back to the ship?? Can't seem to find the answer. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I did the Push, Pull and Swim on my our (I didn't book through the cruis line). The park is close by the pier and taxis were plentiful at the park and pier.

When I did my resesarch the royal swim seemed had several dolphins and on the push, pull and swim there were several of us with 1 dolphin. I was satisified with my decision even though I was annoyed by one of the families who were doing the excursion without their parents who waited on the otherside of the park.

• 2 months later...
I did the Push, Pull and Swim on my our (I didn't book through the cruis line). The park is close by the pier and taxis were plentiful at the park and pier.

When I did my resesarch the royal swim seemed had several dolphins and on the push, pull and swim there were several of us with 1 dolphin. I was satisified with my decision even though I was annoyed by one of the families who were doing the excursion without their parents who waited on the otherside of the park.

hpreece, When you booked directly, what did you tell them? Did you call directly and say you were in a hotel? Did you book through the website and select eCommerce rather than Carnival? Did you have to pay admission to the park to gain access to the dolphin excursion? I also wondered, how would dolphinarius know if you booked through Carnival or not? I'm a first time cruiser so have no idea what it's like to try to do this on my own, but I do know I don't feel like getting robbed because dolphinarius and Carnival are in cahoots to fleece me for more money for the same experience. Any help/advice you provide is greatly appreciated

Archived