First time to Costa Maya- which beach resort should I go to?

DD99

I have a question. Has anyone just hung out at the dock? Is their a beach at the dock or you have to travel.

Yes, you can hang out at the pier are. there's a swimming pool there, shops, a flea market and a piece of a beach there.

But the real beauty of the area is located just a short taxi/bus ride away at Mahjual. The entire trip to the village is like $3 pp to the village and $2 pp back from the village pp. But what a difference it is.

If you just want to chill out, watch the water, put your feet or swim in the water or just spend the day looking out on the water and doing nothing else, the the taxi/bus ride to the village is where it's at.

Everything at the ``make believe'' pier area is just a Disney world clone experience.

Diannei

I've seen several post on here with information and pictures of the pool and area right by the pier.

Here is a picture I found that I believe is the place that they are talking about. You could do a search and probably find more.

Costa_Maya_4.JPG

I was in Costa Maya a few weeks ago. We went to Tropicante Beach Club. We emailed Steve and reserved loungers and an umbrella. It was a GREAT day!!!! we had a few beers and snacks for about $20.00 plus tip. The men there were WONDERFUL, highly reccommended!!!! The beach was clean and not too crowded.

We left around 1:30 and walked about 3/4 of a block to Fernando's 100% Agave resturant... YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent food and prices!!!!!!

Both of which we found on the boards here!

Maya Palms is a different resort than Maya Chan. Maya Palms is a good 30 min+ taxi drive from the port. We have been there twice because they have scuba diving. Wife who does not dive went snorkeling from a boat. The last time we were the only ones there. The time before only about 10 people at the resort. It is owned by people from St. Louis. Both resorts have internet sites. Go to them to see what they offer and charge. Have not been to Maya Chan but it has very good reviews at tripadvisor.

• 4 weeks later...
Maya Chan is the best. It was my favorite day of the entire cruise. Best customer service, food, drinks, etc. I would go back to Costa Maya just to spend the day at Maya Chan.

We spent last Thursday at Maya Chan and had a wonderful day. The employees were all great, the beach and water were terrific, food was delish, and the massage was perfect.

Can't wait to go back.

• 2 years later...

We really enjoyed our time at Maya Chan Beach Resort. The staff was exceptional & the price was super affordable & even included our cab fair to the beach. I hope I get a change to go & visit again in the future. Here is a video of Maya Chan Beach Resort in October 2012. It is just beautiful!

Archived