Drink packages

dingoboy

Hi have seen the various drink packages on offer.

Q: if we have a drink package with $8 limit per serve.

What happens if we want to have a $10 glass. Are able to have $2 added to our on board account?

Any other tips re alcohol would be welcome. I now we can bring two bottles on at sail away. Is there a corkage fee to take that to the dining room?

Guess we can't buy bottles at ports during the cruise.

Thanks

James

James, if you want something that costs more than $8, you pay the full price. We bought the Premium package for just that reason. We wanted to be able to try out martinis and some wines that are definitely over the $8 limit. The $12 covers almost everything and we loved the package. We will certainly buy it again on our next cruise.

Yes you can bring on two bottles of wine, and yes they will charge you a corkage fee if you take into the MDR. I believe it's $25.

You can buy liquor at any port, but they will probably take it from you and hold it until the last night of the cruise if they find it on your return to the ship. I've been able to carry on Rum and other items purchased in port before. I wanted it take home with me so it wasn't any big deal whether they took it or not.

Archived