B4 with Extended Balcony

TERRIER1

Hello fellow Riviera passengers,

I haven't seen this question addressed yet and wondering if any of you know the answer...if several people are travelling together and have balconies booked next to each other, can the partitions be removed to give us one big outdoor space?

Not completely removed, but there is a door-width panel of the partition which can be opened.

In this photograph of the veranda of a penthouse, you can see what I mean:

092443.jpg

Not completely removed, but there is a door-width panel of the partition which can be opened.

In this photograph of the veranda of a penthouse, you can see what I mean:

I don't recall a door in the panels of the B4 extended so I don't know if they can be removed for a larger balcony space.

I don't recall a door in the panels of the B4 extended so I don't know if they can be removed for a larger balcony space.

You may not recall a door, but it is there:

112320.jpg the panel which opens is the one nearest the wall of the cabin, just as in the Penthouses.

You may not recall a door, but it is there:

the panel which opens is the one nearest the wall of the cabin, just as in the Penthouses.

I really have to learn to pay more attention to my surroundings. I just looked forward to the beautiful scenery.

Thanks JimandStan,

The picture is great! ;) So, it looks like we can walk back and forth to each others decks but not really stand at the railing and all see each other...is that about right?

161717.jpg000559.jpg

I just realized (because of the position of the lock) that it is the outboard curved section of the balcony partition which folds over and locks up against the rectangular section.

So you will be able to stand at the railing and see one another. :)

Because, in effect, those cabins have four partition segments on each side, a second segment may be open-able, but I'm not sure.

Sorry for the confusion-

Wow! I'm learning a lot from this discussion! We were on Marina in Feb., and had one of the cabins right next to the first extended balcony cabin. I hadn't even noticed them on the ship plans or maybe I would have requested one. Our neighbors commented that there was a LOT of space!

I found it a little weird to be in the cabin we were in, as it looked like our neighbors could look right into our cabin, which I'm not used to. They certainly could look right into our balcony (sorry, veranda). Of course, they rarely seemed to be outside, so it was really no big deal. However, if you're a very private person you may want to avoid booking a cabin next to one of the extended veranda cabins - or keep your blinds closed a lot!

Archived