Did not book Early Saver - question re rate reduction

MrsMMark

I booked a cruise for the fall - Fun Select Rate (no past guest rate available then) - during the current 72-hour sale the past guest rate for my cabin is $140 less. What can I do (if anything) to get that better rate?

BTW - I plan to switch to early saver but can't do that right now because work plans not yet finalized.

Thanks in advance!

This happened to me for my Jan. cruise.

I was not early saver, but called anyway to see if they could do anything.

They were unable to give me the discount, but did upgrade myroom.

Give them a call...What's the worse thy can say?

Good Luck

I booked a cruise for the fall - Fun Select Rate (no past guest rate available then) - during the current 72-hour sale the past guest rate for my cabin is $140 less. What can I do (if anything) to get that better rate?

BTW - I plan to switch to early saver but can't do that right now because work plans not yet finalized.

Thanks in advance!

Good morning.

No disrespect intended but you did not book ES for the "low price guarantee" but still want them to reduce it? I do not believe it is going to happen.

AND I do not understand how one "changes" to ES after you book unless you cancel and rebook.....

Maybe I misunderstand and like a PP mentioned at least a phone call will not hurt. Have a great day.

Good morning.

No disrespect intended but you did not book ES for the "low price guarantee" but still want them to reduce it? I do not believe it is going to happen.

AND I do not understand how one "changes" to ES after you book unless you cancel and rebook.....

Maybe I misunderstand and like a PP mentioned at least a phone call will not hurt. Have a great day.

So unlike you, she is entitled to cancel at any time ... and up to final payment can get rate reductions...why the tone of voice on this posting...she is in a good position unlike people stuck with ES who cant price match to gtys or downgrade.

PS you can change to ES at any time as long as its still offfered.

Called CCL and they switched my booking from Fun Select to Past Guest. I got to keep the same two cabins and got a total of $290 knocked off the final payment balance! Already got the confirmation emails -- yippee!!! It is a good day!

BTW - They said they could make this change because we were still before the final payment date and they said I can still switch to ES later if I want to, but right now ES is higher than PG and I need another week to finalize school vacations for the fall, so could not do that today anyway!

I agree with Fire - normally if you are before your Final Payment Deadline you can switch to any of the Promo Rates (Past Guest, 55+, your state Resident, Military) that you're eligible for, and get the lower rate.

You can also switch from any of the Promo Rates (Past Guest, 55+, your state Resident, Military) to Early Saver as long as it's still offered - be aware that ES is withdrawn thereabouts of 3 months before departure for shorter cruises and 5 months before departure for longer cruises. Make sure you're aware of and OK with the "no name changes" and "non-refundable deposit" restrictions of ES prior to changing to it.

Sorry - others similarly replied while I was typing!! Congrats!!!!!

ken

I'm confused as I thought my tone was fine as I'm in a pretty good mood today. Maybe I'm mistaken.......

Sorry. I thought the same as Fire when I read your post.

You may have not meant it as attitude but it did come across as such when you questioned the OP for not booking ES and still wanting a price reduction. JMHO.:D

Archived