Arcadia aft suites

dthompsond1

Yes, we have had them on B, D and E deck. Without a doubt, those on D deck are the largest. The balcony is completely overhung by the suite and balcony above, but there is still plenty of sun near the railings both at the stern and the port or starboard side.

We really like them - obviously since we have had one on 6 occasions - we had E180 for 5 weeks last year on part of the World Cruise. My personal choice would be D180.

Thanks, I did wonder if there was much sun on D deck. When you say they are the largest , do you mean the suites themselves or the balcony? We are on Oceana suite C749 this October,our first time with P and O ,looking forward to that. Looking at Arcadia for 2012, mainly as it is adult only. Dennis

I haven't stayed in a D deck suite, but i have stayed in D Deck aft balcony cabin. I think that the cabin was a bit longer than normal, which was great. The balcony was very long too, but because it was covered it was quite dark. Here's an image from near the cabin:

D187Balcony.jpg

The effect from the cabin was considerably gloomier, especially when the sun wasn't shining.

Since then I've look at quite a few aft pictures of Arcadia, and you can definitely see that D deck looks darker. If I was going to book an aft cabin again, I'd go for a different deck.

I haven't stayed in a D deck suite, but i have stayed in D Deck aft balcony cabin. I think that the cabin was a bit longer than normal, which was great. The balcony was very long too, but because it was covered it was quite dark. Here's an image from near the cabin:

D187Balcony.jpg

The effect from the cabin was considerably gloomier, especially when the sun wasn't shining.

Since then I've look at quite a few aft pictures of Arcadia, and you can definitely see that D deck looks darker. If I was going to book an aft cabin again, I'd go for a different deck.

You do have to remember, the suites have light coming from the side as well, as there is no dividing "wall" on their balcony on the sea side.

You do have to remember, the suites have light coming from the side as well, as there is no dividing "wall" on their balcony on the sea side.

That's certainly true. How wide is the 'side balcony' for the AD suites?

In fact, if anyone has experienced both AD (aft) and AC (midships) suites, what are the pros & cons each each?

That's certainly true. How wide is the 'side balcony' for the AD suites?

In fact, if anyone has experienced both AD (aft) and AC (midships) suites, what are the pros & cons each each?

You can - just - get a sun lounger across them, though of course they are very long. So at a guess - and I'm not terribly good at estimating measurements - about 6' by 25' plus the whole of the aft facing area.

The AC suites are quite a bit larger, but for us, the fabulous balcony of the ADs far outweighs the extra space inside.

• 2 months later...

Archived