Heatwave Out of Service!

TxG8r

I inquired to the Heatwave about booking a spot on their 5 hour lunch tour on June 29, 2011. I received an email today stating that they were "out of service until further notice." Okay - Plan B is in effect. Which of the following lunch tours would the Cruise Critic folks recommend? I've included Trip Advisor's rankings (the number after the boat) for all Barbados tours. We are not interested in a party barge, pack a lot of people onboard style for a snorkeling trip - so the Tiami is way out (My apologies to those folks; but in the 2 times we've been to Barbados, we saw how packed the tour was. Maybe we missed out, but we enjoyed the Heatwave.). Also, we're sailing in on the Carnival Victory & the hours in port are from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Enough with the parameters, here's the list:

Calabaza (1)

Cool Runnings (2)

Silver Moon (4)

Elegance (5)

Shasa (8)

Sin-Bad (9)

El Tigre (13)

Small Cats (14)

Ocean Mist (17)

Jammin (20)

Why Not (no rating, but on a thread or 2 here)

I'll be checking back soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In 2005 we also booked on Heatwave, but they booked too many and were sent to El Tigre - we had a FANTASTIC time! There weren't that many people on board, the lunch was delicious, and the rum drinks just kept coming. We saw tons of turtles and fish. It was the highlight of the cruise for me!

• 4 weeks later...
I inquired to the Heatwave about booking a spot on their 5 hour lunch tour on June 29, 2011. I received an email today stating that they were "out of service until further notice." ........Also, we're sailing in on the Carnival Victory & the hours in port are from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.

Hey! I will be on that cruise, too! Darn! I was really leaning toward the Heatwave tour for me and my kids. I have heard very good things about Calabaza and Silvermoon, though. Looks like I will be doing some more research today.

Archived