Handicap provisions on RCI Alaska itinerary

If you need a wheelchair bring one, yes they are allowed.

There are HC cabins and on RCL they are nice sized ...that being said if you mean for this summer, book it up if there are some empty as they are good sized, bigger than normal... but there are not that many of the HC cabins.

Question 1 . . . . Can a passenger bring his own wheelchair aboard?

Question 2 . . . . This passenger requires a "roll-in" shower. Are any cabins available with this need?

Thank you if you can provide answers.

All ships have a limited number of handicap accessible rooms with roll in showers. And, yes, you may bring your own wheelchair. I have found that the handicap accessible rooms sell out very quickly, so you need to reserve well in advance of your trip. I have not been able to book a handicap room directly on line. I have had to call RCI or a travel agent to book. I cannot speak directly to an Alaska cruise as I have not been on one as yet. The other thing you might want to look at is whether any of your ports are tender ports--that is, will you have to board a small boat from the ship to take you to the dock. I would try to find a cruise with few or no tender ports.

Pamela

Tucson

I bring my own wheelchair on board everytime I cruise as it is my "legs". There is no way i could function out of one of those big ol heavy hospital type wheelchairs :p

ALL handicap accessible cabins will have a roll in shower........If you are going on the Radiance Alaskan cruise, I can personally recommend oceanview cabin #4008. They also have inside cabins and balcony cabins too that are handicap accessible. Maybe even a couple junior suites.

cruisepictures023.jpg

Archived