embarrassed,

Naomi John

I'll bet those folks on the Splendor last fall that were eating spam and pop tarts for a week would disagree with you.:eek:

1. It is my understanding that the crew ate spam, not the guests.

2. They were more than compensated for this cruise. Well compensated!

3. If I were on it, it would not have been ideal, but I would have rolled with it as an adventure and a story to tell.

I'm sorry to hear that there was such a difficulty to get the refund from Carnival when it really was Carnival's problem when they changed the ship. And $400 is a LOT of cash to have to come up with. I wouldn't pay it either especially if I'd never cruise before and wasn't sure if I'd like it.

But remeber it was your friend's choice, either to take the OV or pay the extra money for the suite, or to cancel.

And you are not responsible for how other people react. It's hard enough being in charge of our own lives!

Go have a great GREAT cruise, come home and tell your friends all about how wonderful it was and that you hope you can do it all together next time........... and then maybe next year...who knows?:D

m--

The Ecstasy did go through dry dock in September, 2009, which added the water works (moving the slide from the main pool to the back), and added the adult serenity area. But the Elation and Ecstasy are basically the same layout. You'll have a good time on either. I was switched from the Ecstasy to the Elation in November, 2005, when hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. (The Conquest moved to Galveston and replaced the Elation, and the Elation replaced the Ecstasy and Ecstasy went to New Orleans to be used as a hotel. Whew!) The two ships were virtually identical then. New Orleans is also getting the Conquest back next November.

I see the Ecstasy is going to Port Canaveral. Sounds like Carnival canceled Mobile, added Port Canaveral, and switched ships.

Mobile might be stuck with a $26 million debt: http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/former-mobile-mayor-mike-dows-take-on-carnival/1205554/Mar-16-2011_5-04-pm/

(The Conquest moved to Galveston and replaced the Elation, and the Elation replaced the Ecstasy and Ecstasy went to New Orleans to be used as a hotel. Whew!) The two ships were virtually identical then. New Orleans is also getting the Conquest back next November.

I see the Ecstasy is going to Port Canaveral. Sounds like Carnival canceled Mobile, added Port Canaveral, and switched ships.

Mobile might be stuck with a $26 million debt: http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/former-mobile-mayor-mike-dows-take-on-carnival/1205554/Mar-16-2011_5-04-pm/

One of the reason's I chose Carnival is because they provided shelter for numerous peace officers, (aka police, firefighters, EMT's, Parole Officers), who stayed in New Orleans after "Katrina". In fact serveral of my co-workers "lived" on the shp at that time.

I had one minor problem with the ship change, (no evolutions of fun mainly, but I do not think they call it that anymore), and the balcony thing.

It all worked out in the end, sort of, and I'll be on a cruise.

Archived