Does the Sojourn dock in the middle of St Petersburg?

margbem

Is it the same for the larger sisters as it is for the triplets on the Baltics and Russia cruises? Thinking for next summer(2012). Also, would we be better June or July for sunny weather or do we take pot-luck?!

Any advice from anyone who's been is very welcome. Thanks.

Margbem - We were in St. Petersburg on a RCL cruise in June 2008. Big ship that docked at the main port a little ways out of the city. So I can't say where the smaller Seabourn ships dock.

As for time of year, mid-June was great. Looking at our family pictures, I was in short sleeves in the day and my wife and kids were all in sweaters/light jackets. So, I'd say the temps were in the high 60s. The two days we were there had clear skies and it was a fantastic trip.

The Peterhof is a must see; Catherine's Palace only slightly less so if you have the time. Many, many sights in the city also. Enjoy!

BrentC

Is it the same for the larger sisters as it is for the triplets on the Baltics and Russia cruises? Thinking for next summer(2012). Also, would we be better June or July for sunny weather or do we take pot-luck?!

Any advice from anyone who's been is very welcome. Thanks.

Sojourn last June (her second cruise) docked in town - on the opposite bank to the Hermitage etc., but still near in. We had hot weather but one day it poured down with rain, later on in the summer we hear it was too hot, so I would say the month does not really make much difference (a bit like the UK really). We did SB excursions, but some people did tours they had booked online, a car and driver and guide for two days, and that did sound like the way to do it properly. There is already lots of advice on who to book with on the forum.

We did the same trip many years ago with Costa:eek: and they docked out in the sticks and it took ages to get into town on a coach. (Plus it made us decide never to cruise with Costa again as the whole trip was appalling).

• 2 weeks later...

I think it may depend on what other ships are present. I've also heard that Regent Voyager sometimes docks in town, but on our Voyager Baltic cruise in August 2010, we docked well outside of the main part of town (at a very ugly terminal). I noticed that a Silversea ship was docked right in town. I don't know how priority is determined.

Thanks for the replies everyone. We were looking at the Baltic for next summer but have been tempted by one of the Med 10 day itineraries instead and have booked Mediterranean Isles - it looks a fantastic trip!

Archived