O in Indian Ocean, Africa, Seychelles....

spindrift

Do you think that O will ever go to the Seychelles, Madagascar, Mombassa, Zanzibar, etc. etc. I want to stay with O but I may have to take another line to do this area. It seems that they don't have any itineraries that involve safaris.

Any comments? If you are reading this O, please plan some trips in this area. O's speed is fast enough that we don't have to worry about pirates.

You plan it, I'll book it. Anyone else interested?

Sign me up if they do that itinerary!

Isn't that what the Californians all said about Alaska?

Don't get me wrong, I think circumnavigating Africa is a stupendous itinerary (I even "suggested" it for the Riviera's Maiden Voyage, if you recall), but you just cant expect Oceania to risk their five hundred million dollar investment in that area of the world right now.

We are booked on Oceania Nautica November 22nd "Lands of Grandeur" cruise from Dubai to Cape Town. This 30 day cruise visits India, Maldives,Seychelles,Madagascar,Mauritius and Richards Bay, Durban and Cape Town in South Africa. We have planned a 4 day safari in South Africa before we return home.

Judy

Do you think that O will ever go to the Seychelles, Madagascar, Mombassa, Zanzibar, etc. etc. I want to stay with O but I may have to take another line to do this area. It seems that they don't have any itineraries that involve safaris.

Any comments? If you are reading this O, please plan some trips in this area. O's speed is fast enough that we don't have to worry about pirates.

You plan it, I'll book it. Anyone else interested?

I decided to do a Safari and then rest and relax on the Marina this November. In the event a port is canceled and that is truly the one port you wanted to visit would definitely be disappointing. I would prefer my camp be on Oceania but......

JimandStan: Isn't that what the Californians all said about Alaska?

Point well taken, but, for the record, we Arizonans (DH and me) will board Regatta, Vancouver to San Francisco, with Alaska in between, on Aug. 14.

I must admit, I tend to see something and get all enthused about it, without always thinking it through. Of course you are correct in reminding me about the pirate situation. If it's not Johnny Depp, I wouldn't risk it either.

It sounds like you want an itinerary that Renaissance used to offer on the "little" ships -- a Kenya safari, the Seychelles and etc. We never took it ourselves -- we ran out of time -- but I heard marvelous reports about the trip. And the ships only carried around 100 people or so.

Archived