Guarantee cabins

seb530

Hey all, just wondering...

With Thomas COok, all Cabins on a cruise on Azura are marked GUAR so obviously this means good prices but not guaranteed location.

However, if I book 2 cabins is there any chance to stipulate them together or close by? I am guessing not but just wondered if anyone had any experience!

Also, previously sailed with Princess before and very much like the service and facilities onboard Grand Princess .... any major differences people have experienced?

Hey all, just wondering...

With Thomas COok, all Cabins on a cruise on Azura are marked GUAR so obviously this means good prices but not guaranteed location.

However, if I book 2 cabins is there any chance to stipulate them together or close by? I am guessing not but just wondered if anyone had any experience!

Also, previously sailed with Princess before and very much like the service and facilities onboard Grand Princess .... any major differences people have experienced?

If you want cabins together, you'd be best with assigned cabins marked as "no upgrade". If your travel agent can't achieve this, then find a travel agent who can.

I'd be very surprised if you couldn't get a better price than a high street agent.

WD

You can't stipulate which cabins you get when you go for a guarantee so there is no way to ask for two close together.

When we've had 2 cabins on a guarantee they have been quite close to each other but you need to be happy to be further apart if you go this route as they could easily be on different decks. It depends which cabins are left when they do the allocation.

If you want cabins together, you'd be best with assigned cabins marked as "no upgrade". If your travel agent can't achieve this, then find a travel agent who can.

I'd be very surprised if you couldn't get a better price than a high street agent.

WD

TC via their cruise division have beaten prices of others a couple of times for me this year (by quite a margin on Oceana), and I do a lot of research on prices before I make a booking.

Having been on the Ventura we found the Grand Princess less formal with far fewer people following dress codes for example. Other passengers were more diverse and international. Cabins were fresher and more modern furnishings on Ventura and the atrium more impressive. We enjoyed the tribute acts and comedians on the Ventura but thought the production shows more professional on Grand Princess.

For us the main difference (and the reason we are returning to P&O) was the food. Don't get me wrong I suspect Princess were actually spending more on the raw ingredients eg lobster tails, prawns etc but the preparation, choice and presentation did not suit us as well.

So as you can see we thought there was not a huge difference but are very much looking forward to returning to P&O.

Hi seb530,

I agree with berlingo with the Princess comparison. P&O was more similar than dissimilar, with some things better and some things not quite as good.

Loved the tea/coffee making facility in the cabin and the friendliness of the crew and passengers on Ventura.

Great drinks prices with P&O too :D

Have you seen the new Royal Princess design?

Hi seb530

Have you seen the new Royal Princess design?

Hi U2... yes saw it just this week - looks very impressive but unlikely to come to Europe? always seems that Princess send older ships over here?

TC price is extremely good and was difficult to turn down - probably cheaper than a 3* hotel in spain for a week for the four of us!!!

Would have liked to hold out for a balcony as I really like getting up in the morning and stepping outside but for a week I am sure we will survive :D

Archived