I called RCCL regarding their Drinks Package

myvot

Just to let you know after reading posts about RCCL introducing drinks packages to some of their ships I phoned them to find out more information as I will be sailing on IOS on 9th October.

Whatever package you take the total amount will be added to your Sail account at the end of your cruise. The woman told me the price does include gratuities but not tax. This will be added separately.

I told her I understood the package does not include soda but surely if, for example, you were buying a vodka and coke the package would include your dash of coke. She told me that whatever mixer was in your drink you would have to purchase that separately!!

If what she says is true then I don't think i'll bother.

Just to let you know after reading posts about RCCL introducing drinks packages to some of their ships I phoned them to find out more information as I will be sailing on IOS on 9th October.

Whatever package you take the total amount will be added to your Sail account at the end of your cruise. The woman told me the price does include gratuities but not tax. This will be added separately.

I told her I understood the package does not include soda but surely if, for example, you were buying a vodka and coke the package would include your dash of coke. She told me that whatever mixer was in your drink you would have to purchase that separately!!

With regards to the mixers.....you DO NOT PAY EXTRA for the splash of coke or whatever with your Vodka etc.

If you ordered a glass of coke then you will be charged.

With regards to the Tax...I will get back to you on that.

Here you go ...from RCCL UK -

Question - Are mixers (splash) included in the package?

Answer - Yes. If you wish to have a Vodka & Coke or Gin & Tonic and you have the

right package, the Vodka/Gin would

be included as part of the package and we will provide the Coke/Tonic as

well. The classic and premium

packages allow for a ‘splash’ of mixer but not for soft drinks by the

glass, which would be charged for.

Question - What does each package cost?

Answer - The beer package costs $29 per day. The Classic Package is $39 per day.

The Premium Package is $49 per

day. All the packages have the 15% bar service gratuity/Service Charge

included in this price.

Here you go ...from RCCL UK -

Question - Are mixers (splash) included in the package?

Answer - Yes. If you wish to have a Vodka & Coke or Gin & Tonic and you have the

right package, the Vodka/Gin would

be included as part of the package and we will provide the Coke/Tonic as

well. The classic and premium

packages allow for a ‘splash’ of mixer but not for soft drinks by the

glass, which would be charged for.

Question - What does each package cost?

Answer - The beer package costs $29 per day. The Classic Package is $39 per day.

The Premium Package is $49 per

day. All the packages have the 15% bar service gratuity/Service Charge

included in this price.

Liz

Do you know if Bacardi will be included in either of the packages?

Liz

Do you know if Bacardi will be included in either of the packages?

Hi :D

I haven't seen Bacardi listed but as it is a "normal" spirit I would guess it will be included...but I will try and get this confirmed asap...probably Monday before I can get an answer though.

Hi :D

I haven't seen Bacardi listed but as it is a "normal" spirit I would guess it will be included...but I will try and get this confirmed asap...probably Monday before I can get an answer though.

Hi Liz

Did you manage to find out whether Bacardi will be inlcuded in the packages?

Louise x

Hi Liz

Did you manage to find out whether Bacardi will be inlcuded in the packages?

Louise x

Hi Louise

There is a thread on RCCL forum from someone who is just back of Independence and they have mentioned they had Bacardi as part of their package -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28495892#post2849589

Archived