Crowne Plaza San Pedro - shuttle change

Just wanted to let you know, the free shuttle to and from the ship dock IS still running, but the free shuttle to take you around San Pedro is no longer provided. We stayed at the hotel Monday 3/14. After we dumped our luggage in our room, we went to the desk and inquired about the shuttle taking us to Von's for a few items to take on the ship, and then hopefully to In & Out. The girl was very pleasant, but told us that it is no longer available and she believes it has been changed to say that on their website. When I asked when this went into effect, she said she thinks they were told about a week ago. Very disappointing :mad:

On a good note, the food and beer at the San Pedro Brewing Company was great - thanks for that suggestion, Wineaux! We had hoped to go to Wineaux's Off The Vine wine shop, but sadly, it is closed on Mondays.

I need to stop, I'm on board the Island Princess, and we are pulling into Cabo San Lucas for St. Patty's day - first stop on our full transit of the Panama Canal. :D I'll try to get online when possible - internet was down for the ship most of yesterday.

Just wanted to let you know, the free shuttle to and from the ship dock IS still running, but the free shuttle to take you around San Pedro is no longer provided. We stayed at the hotel Monday 3/14. After we dumped our luggage in our room, we went to the desk and inquired about the shuttle taking us to Von's for a few items to take on the ship, and then hopefully to In & Out. The girl was very pleasant, but told us that it is no longer available and she believes it has been changed to say that on their website. When I asked when this went into effect, she said she thinks they were told about a week ago. Very disappointing :mad:

On a good note, the food and beer at the San Pedro Brewing Company was great - thanks for that suggestion, Wineaux! We had hoped to go to Wineaux's Off The Vine wine shop, but sadly, it is closed on Mondays.

I need to stop, I'm on board the Island Princess, and we are pulling into Cabo San Lucas for St. Patty's day - first stop on our full transit of the Panama Canal. :D I'll try to get online when possible - internet was down for the ship most of yesterday.

Sorry we missed you and hope you guys have a wonderful cruise!!!

Too bad about the shuttle we were hoping to use it to go to Vons up on Gaffey. That is not the only change the Crowne Plaza has made lately. I am sure this change will make a lot of people happy. The Crowne Plaza is now a non-smoking hotel. We had made reservations at full price about a year ago to make sure that we got a smoking King room, because they didn't have that many and always booked up. About a month ago I went on line to check our reservation for next month and it said non-smoking King room. I called the hotel and asked why it had been change and asked to have it changed back. I was told that now all of their rooms are non-smoking. Very disappointed that they didn't even bother to let me know just changed my room type with no notice. So I cancelled my room and booked though Priceline. We are saving half the price but now DH has to go outside to smoke.

DoubleTree shuttle is still FREE

• 1 month later...

Dh and I are from So.Cal but would like to stay overnight at the Crowne or Doubletree and take the shuttle to the pier. I think they have a parking feature ( for our 7 day ) but would I be able to request that on Price line or any of the other bidding sites?

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza a week ago. Both DW and I felt that it was getting a tad tired...likely a victim of the recession and all the $65 Priceline nights. It is still excellent value for the Priceline rate, it is just that nothing has been done to the hotel for at least 5 years and it is just not as crisp as it was.

Dh and I are from So.Cal but would like to stay overnight at the Crowne or Doubletree and take the shuttle to the pier. I think they have a parking feature ( for our 7 day ) but would I be able to request that on Price line or any of the other bidding sites?

No....when bidding on priceline or buying on the blind through hotwire or lastminutetravel, all you're paying for is your room, taxes and any service fees. Parking is to be handled directly through the hotel after you have won your bid.

There is another option of course, and that is to do a search for park & fly hotels...but they are usually located near major airports...don't think they would be near cruise ports. (never heard of park & sail...lol) You can get some great deals though, which could include up to 14 days of parking.

Well, guess what, I just searched and they are available...do a search and on some of the park & fly websites there is a cruiseport option....there are many sites out there...best of luck with what you're looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

You said that you can work directly through the hotel after you win your bid? How is that done? I'm thinking of going through my work's TA to book the room then calling CP to work out the details. How does the shuttle work out? How about going to pick up your car after the cruise, do you have to take a taxi back? :confused:

You said that you can work directly through the hotel after you win your bid? How is that done? I'm thinking of going through my work's TA to book the room then calling CP to work out the details. How does the shuttle work out? How about going to pick up your car after the cruise, do you have to take a taxi back? :confused:

The shuttle is reserved on a first come, first served basis after you check in. There will be multiple shuttle trips from the hotel to the pier and depending upon how early you check in will determine which shuttle trip you will be on. Some people like to get to the ship early, others don't care. If you're paying to keep your car parked at the CP while you're on your cruise, their shuttle should pick you up afterwards so you can come back and get your car. If your companies TA is going to book you a non refundable rate room, I would verify everything with the hotel before the reservation is made. If it's refundable, you can always change your mind if there's problems with the parking.

Archived