Single parent cruises

surrocruiser

I know we are not allowed to advertise, I really am not intending on doing so.

My question is for the single parents out there. If you were to find a group cruise for single parents would this be something you were interested in?

I know for myself as a single parent (before getting remarried) I would have loved something like this. But in the back ofmy mind would be a little nagging thought of it possibly attracting potential issues knowing there were going to be single women with children on a particular cruise. I would have still done it but I'm wondering how others feel about it?

But in the back ofmy mind would be a little nagging thought of it possibly attracting potential issues knowing there were going to be single women with children on a particular cruise.

What does this mean? What "potential issues"?

There are many single parents cruises now; they are easy to find.

I'm more referring to do you feel vulnerable by making it clear to everyone that you will be the only parent with litte ones. When I was a single parent, I always traveled with some other family members bc I felt safer knowing there was someone else nearby if there was an issue. It was just my personal choice.

I'm a single parent and cruises are my travel of choice, but socializing is so easy on a cruise anyway, I don't see any reason to specifically go with a group of single parents. I guess unless someone is looking for the matchmaking potential, which I wouldn't feel is appropriate while travelling with my children. So no - I would choose cruises based on itinerary/cost and not based on what group is or isn't also on board.

Best,

Mia

I agree with Mia! I am also a single mom who has chosen cruising as a great way to travel with my now 8 yo dd. We`ve been to Western Med, Eastern Med, Holy Land, West Carrib! I would not be particularly drawn to a cruise with lots of single parents with kids. We usually prefer travelling in down times because costs and crowds are lower:p and my daughter prefers when there are less kids in kids`clubs.

Cruising as a single parent is paradise because we get together time and each gets alone time. As a single sole parent (I`m a widow so no weekends off and no co-parenting deal;)) while on a cruise is the only time that I get real chunks of time to myself when my daughter is off at kids` club.

Cruising as a single parent is paradise because we get together time and each gets alone time. As a single sole parent (I`m a widow so no weekends off and no co-parenting deal;)) while on a cruise is the only time that I get real chunks of time to myself when my daughter is off at kids` club.

Hear! Hear! My thoughts exactly! I'm an only parent as well and cruising is the ONLY time I get to relax and do things just for "me" :D

There are many single parents cruises now; they are easy to find.

Where can I find info on single parent cruises? Haven't really seen anything and I love cruising. It would also be nice to have a chance to talk with other single parents.

Archived