Thermal suite question

Rascal1

Hi, We have a PH suite booked for our next cruise aboard the Star Princess. I know you get free use of the thermal suite, but just wondered if you can also use saunas/steam rooms free of charge or if you have to pay to use them? (Assuming there are saunas/steam rooms on the Star Princess) Thanks.

A question......I took a 'spa tour' on our Crown Princess cruise a few years back...and the thermal suite room on the Crown was totally enclosed in a room without any windows showing the ocean. :confused:Are all Princess ships thermal suite rooms built like that...without windows?

I have just been on HAL Oosterdam and used their thermal suite and it was wonderful looking out on the ocean (through the HUGE windows) while enjoying the tile loungers. Just wondered if any Princess ships have windows in their thermal suites, which would be great if so.

I love the Thermal Suites, but find it pretty dark and depressing - especially on the Crown where it's downstairs from the spa in a little interior corner of the ship's bow. It would be far more enjoyable if it had windows to look out on the sea.

(Hint, hint, Princess - please put the Thermal Suites for the new Royal Princess in a pleasant room with big windows looking out on the sea!). ;) :p

Thanks for letting me know that Princess ships do not have windows in the thermal suites.

ITA...I hope Princess takes our 'hint' and put windows in the new ships thermal suites. What I can't understand is...Princess ships have large windows in the beauty shop...I would rather spend more time on the heated tile lounges enjoying a wonderful view of the ocean in the thermal suite, than looking out a window for a short while...as I get my hair fixed!

While I found the thermal suite to be dark and dreary, there is just no way I can stay awake while on the heated tile loungers, so windows are a waste on me! LOL

They have beautiful full view windows on NCL - never saw a thing, as soon as I hit that lounger, I was sleeping!

80 days till Alaska - I can't wait!

Does anyone know the cost for thermal suite for the day?

It may be different on each cruise. For a cruise-long package, we paid $150/couple on a 14 day cruise in 2008 on the Coral, but $199/couple on a 14 day in 2010 on the Crown. There were more sea days on the Crown - not sure if that makes the difference in the pricing or if maybe the price just went up.

A spa employee showed me the Termal Suite on Crown. The room is small, dark and dreary. I was spoiled by the Thermal Suite on Maasdam. I would not spend a dime for the one on Crown, too depressing.

Maybe a one time only "penny", but only if necessary. :p

Hi, We have a PH suite booked for our next cruise aboard the Star Princess. I know you get free use of the thermal suite, but just wondered if you can also use saunas/steam rooms free of charge or if you have to pay to use them? (Assuming there are saunas/steam rooms on the Star Princess) Thanks.

I don't think there is a Thermal Suite on the Star.

Hi All

When on the Crown the spa manager spotted my DW was suffering from a bad cold, as the thermal suite was empty she invited her to use it free for an hour to help her beat her cold.

yours Shogun

• 2 months later...

Our first experience with a Thermal Suite was on the Crown Princess. Yes, it is 'downstairs' from the spa - actually on Lido deck in the middle of the Lido Deck cabins, but you have to go up to the Spa then down to the Thermal Suite. And yes, there are no windows. However, we loved it nonetheless. The heated loungers were amazing and the steam rooms were relaxing.

We just got back from a cruise on the Westerdam and also loved the Thermal Suite. The HAL ships have the big windows. And while the windows were put to use when in port, they were otherwise unnecessary - reflective mirrors at night or vistas of endless ocean during sea days. And as someone pointed out, the whole purpose of the loungers is to close your eyes and nap!

The only plus to the Westerdam was the hydropool. We loved it. Princess ships don't have them, though they should enclose the lap pools by the spa and turn them into hydropools. So for the same price on both ships, the HAL Vista class ships have hydropools. Enough reason to book a cruise!

Archived