Please decide for me!

momto2

After reading all of these posts, I am still having trouble deciding which beach to choose in Cozumel. We will have 4 adults and 5 children with us, ages 10 -13. We are looking for somewhere the kids will have enouch to do, but there will be 7 cruise ships in port that day and I am worried that all the beaches will be terribly crowded. I am considering Paradise Beach, Playa Mia, and Chankanaab. I have also looked at some of the beach clubs, but wondering if the kids will be bored at these. I want a beautiful beach, lots of activities for the kids, and no crowds. Is this possible or am I dreaming? Please help me decide! TIA for all the great advice!

It might depend on what the kids need to keep themselves entertained. PB does have all the fun water toys, but it is possible that there will be quite a few people there with 7 ships in port.

Chankanaab will be full of people that day.

Playa Mia, AKA Playa Sol is just down the beach from PB. It has a $10 entry fee per person and some ships sell it as an excursion, so it also might be crowded.

Because there are a bunch of beach clubs along that stretch of beach, you could just go to PB and if it was too crowded for you, walk along the beach to a different club.

The clubs along that beach are, starting at the north, Playa San Francisco, PB, Playa Sol, Fury beach club, Mr. Sancho's, and Nachi Cocom.

The club the farthest to the south is Playa Palancar. I thought it was pretty nice is a quite, peaceful way, though it doesn't have all the water toys that some of the other clubs have. They offer snorkel tours there to Palancar reef which is right off shore there. http://www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches_/beach_playapalancar.htm has a good description of the place. Mmmm fish tacos.

I'm with you momto2, this really is a hard decission. There's so many great choices. I was leaning towards Chakanaab, now I'm leaning towards PB. Is it true there is no beach/sand access into the water? I don't know if I understood correctly, but it sounded like the only access into the water was to use "stone stairs". Is this correct?

We were at PB on March 2 and loved it, there were 9 ships in port that day and never felt crowded. The food was great and the trampoline and iceberg a lot of fun, we also enjoyed the sea kayaks. The bathrooms were very clean, and the parrots a lot of fun to watch, I was lucky enough to meet Tom, who is as friendly as can be.

I would highly recommend the beach......

.... Is it true there is no beach/sand access into the water? I don't know if I understood correctly, but it sounded like the only access into the water was to use "stone stairs". Is this correct?
Yes, that is correct.

Sally's explanation at the bottom of this thread is pretty good too.

14Chanakaab-shore1.jpg

Chankanaab shore line, larger image Click here

15Chanakaab-shore2.jpg

another photo

• 3 weeks later...
I'm with you momto2, this really is a hard decission. There's so many great choices. I was leaning towards Chakanaab, now I'm leaning towards PB. Is it true there is no beach/sand access into the water? I don't know if I understood correctly, but it sounded like the only access into the water was to use "stone stairs". Is this correct?

Actually, there's a small beach with a sandy entrance to the water in between the dolphin area and the snorkeling area. It's where families with small children hang out. You could enter there and swim over to the snorkeling area if you didn't want to enter down the stone stairs.

Archived