Amalfi Coast Private Guides

lalique

Am looking into 2 different private guides for Sorrento/Capri and the Amalfi Coast. One is Marcello Maresca of See Sorrento tours and the other is Francesco Marrapese Tours. Any recommendations on either of these will be appreciated. Both have good reviews.

Am looking into 2 different private guides for Sorrento/Capri and the Amalfi Coast. One is Marcello Maresca of See Sorrento tours and the other is Francesco Marrapese Tours. Any recommendations on either of these will be appreciated. Both have good reviews.

Before you finalize anything take a look at AP Tours. We, a group of 6, used them with their guide/driver Vittorio and we couldn't have been happier. Vittorio was amenable to changes in the company provided itinerary and was an excellent guide. He stopped along the drive so we could get pictures and enjoy the views and culture. AP offers a few different itineraries. We chose the Pompeii/Positano/Sorrento tour, but we cut the time in Pompeii down, so we could spend more time in Positano. If one of their itineraries fits your requirements I'd recommend AP Tours. :D

• 1 month later...

Do check out All Around Italy before you finalize your booking. We just returned from a cruise where our group of 6-8 toured the Amalfi Coast and Rome with Fabizio, the owner of All Around Italy. We had the best time! In both cases, Fabrizio met us pier side, showed us what we wanted to see and more, and delivered us back to the ship in plenty of time before departure. Along the way, he entertained us and made us laugh while taking us to the most beautiful sights imaginable. On the Amalfi coast, he stopped along the road allowing us to take photos of the amazing scenery and gave us time in Positano, Ravello, Amalfi, and Sorrento to enjoy the charm of each of these lovely towns. In Rome, he arranged for our special tour guide, “Rosie”, who was fabulous in guiding us through the Forum and the Vatican. He also arranged for us to take a lunch break at a wonderful local pizzeria in Rome and showed us sights we would have never seen otherwise. Mama Mia! We will never forget our experience in Italy, and especially Fabrizio, who made it all happen.

One more vote for Fabrizio and All Around Italy. We used him for 3 tours, of Rome, Florence and the Amalfi coast. He was fantastic, picked us us in Naples, had a beautiful drive through the Amalfi coast to Sorrento, then on to Positano where he took us to a fabulous restaurant for lunch overlooking the Mediterranean. Then we went to Pompeii, where he arranged a wonderful guide for us who took us into areas the general public weren't allowed - it was a perfect day.

The only problem is that he is so good and so well known that he is in extremely high demand. CC members literally fight over getting him for a tour and he seems to be booked about a year in advance. He is extemely personable, knowledgeable and will modify your tour so it will be an outstanding vacation experience.

We did a tour of the Amalfi coast with him last year. We had done it twice before on ship's excursions. Because Fabrizio drives a van, he could drive us right into town. and because he knows the locals, he took us to a fantastic family owned restaurant which overlooked Positano.

I've included a few pictures of the Amalfi Coast in my port guide for Naples on pages 13-14 which you can download from my website shown next to my name,

Regards,

If you've not jet booked with one of the other it will shurely worth to contact also Guiseppe De Toro from Sorrentotopcar. He's a nice, knowledgeable and friendly driver. I've used him for an other tour and was very happy with my choice :D

Archived