Window Suite or C752

hmh60

We are booking a transatlantic on the Grand and was wondering which is better, a Window Suite with no balcony or an aft BB balcony, C752. It leaves FLL next April, and goes to the British Isles. I'm not sure how much we would use the balcony since the weather could be a little cool. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

We are booking a transatlantic on the Grand and was wondering which is better, a Window Suite with no balcony or an aft BB balcony, C752. It leaves FLL next April, and goes to the British Isles. I'm not sure how much we would use the balcony since the weather could be a little cool. Any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

It really depends on if you need a balcony or you would rather have suite benefits. Decide which is worth more to you and that will be your choice;)

I would also go with the WS. It's April and a TA - lots of days that you can enjoy Sabatinis, free laundry and free internet. The balcony (although this is a nice aft one) may not be usable a good portion of the time. It's a good dilemma to have!!:)

We were just on the Grand in C753, the other side from C752. While the temps could be cooler, you are really protected from the wind and pretty much everything else on one of those aft balcony cabins. We were on ours a LOT on the recent 14 day cruise, in fact the other two couples traveling with us (also in balcony cabins down the hall) came to our cabin every night for a sail away party on the balcony. I have the same cabin booked on our next two cruises.

The suite perks are nice - but that balcony view is pretty awesome :-)

We just cancelled our minisuite with extended covered balcony and booked a Window Suite because of the cooler weather, port intensive, just 2 sea days and the suite was $100pp cheaper. We'll now get all the suite perks and 2 cruise credits that will make us Platinum. Then we'll really enjoy the extended balcony on our next cruise in 2012! ;)

We have sailed in a WS twice and have one booked for a May cruise. Otherwise all cruises have been in a Mini or balcony.

Whenever we can book a WS at or very near mini suite price we grab the WS. The full suite perks, even if Elite, really make a difference and the WS is a very comfortable way to go.

P&J

In case you have not reviewed them, the full suite perks are:

Suite amenities and services include:

Breakfast in Sabatini's with complimentary "Good Morning Mimosa"

Luxury mattresses & 100% Egyptian cotton bed linens

Fluffy European duvets

Massage shower heads

Luxury bathrobes & towels

Combined DVD and CD player

Complimentary DVD library

Enhanced bathroom amenities

Fresh flower arrangement

Complimentary mini-bar (one time)

Extended room service menu

Passenger's choice of deluxe canapés, delivered daily

Expedited embarkation process

Preferred Anytime Dining reservations

Personal Shore Excursion reservations

Enhanced turndown service on formal evenings

Exclusive Lounge (For disembarkation)

Dry cleaning, laundry and shoe polishing services

Corsages and boutonnieres for special events

Private photo sessions

Free glass of champagne at special events

Just the laundry, internet, mini-bar set up and Sabatini's Breakfast make it worth it.

In case you have not reviewed them, the full suite perks are:

Suite amenities and services include:

Breakfast in Sabatini's with complimentary "Good Morning Mimosa"

Luxury mattresses & 100% Egyptian cotton bed linens

Fluffy European duvets

Massage shower heads

Luxury bathrobes & towels

Combined DVD and CD player

Complimentary DVD library

Enhanced bathroom amenities

Fresh flower arrangement

Complimentary mini-bar (one time)

Extended room service menu

Passenger's choice of deluxe canapés, delivered daily

Expedited embarkation process

Preferred Anytime Dining reservations

Personal Shore Excursion reservations

Enhanced turndown service on formal evenings

Exclusive Lounge (For disembarkation)

Dry cleaning, laundry and shoe polishing services

Corsages and boutonnieres for special events

Private photo sessions

Free glass of champagne at special events

Just the laundry, internet, mini-bar set up and Sabatini's Breakfast make it worth it.

Don't forget the free Thermal Suites use!! I'll be using that too!

BTW, I know these suites are smaller than other full suites, but larger than a minisuite. Did they seem roomy? The pictures I've seen make them look fairly small. I'm used to the size of the minis, so I'm hoping these won't seem small. They have a loveseat instead of full sofa.

Don't forget the free Thermal Suites use!! I'll be using that too!

BTW, I know these suites are smaller than other full suites, but larger than a minisuite. Did they seem roomy? The pictures I've seen make them look fairly small. I'm used to the size of the minis, so I'm hoping these won't seem small. They have a loveseat instead of full sofa.

The bathroom is much bigger than a mini and with the square room design instead of narrow like the mini's I preferred it.

I was trying to find this WS that you are referring to on the Grand, but I can't find it anywhere on the deck plans. Where is it?

They are listed on Fiesta deck.

My question is to the poster who said they canx their mini for the WS and it was $100pp cheaper. Looking at a 7 day cruise on the Grand the WS is $700pp more than an AA mini. Wonder how that works out? All those suite bennies are great - of course you pay for them!

I was trying to find this WS that you are referring to on the Grand, but I can't find it anywhere on the deck plans. Where is it?

They are not on the deck plans yet because they will added when she goes into drydock next month. If you go to the Golden's deck plan you will see them on the Fiesta deck

They are listed on Fiesta deck.

My question is to the poster who said they canx their mini for the WS and it was $100pp cheaper. Looking at a 7 day cruise on the Grand the WS is $700pp more than an AA mini. Wonder how that works out? All those suite bennies are great - of course you pay for them!

I think the poster is on the CB in June. Not on the Grand.

Do the Crown, Emerald,Ruby ships have these window suites? And are they ever comparable in price to a mini?

No, I don't believe these ships have WS. Yes, I think that sometimes you can get a good deal.

Try to avoid the first WS by number as it is smaller than the other 6 WS. Also another good reason for the WS if the weather is nasty on the trans-atlantic you will be on a lower deck and near the center of the deck.:)

We have booked two Window Suites for our cruise in June. I have one question...what cabins' doors are next to each other? We want to be able to go to our kids' cabin without walking down the corridor. Does this question make sense??

Thanks,

Tonya

My question is to the poster who said they canx their mini for the WS and it was $100pp cheaper. Looking at a 7 day cruise on the Grand the WS is $700pp more than an AA mini. Wonder how that works out?

We're not on the Grand. Our cruise is on the Caribbean in June, 2011. As of today, the prices are (on Princess.com):

Minisuite: $1,299-1,459

Window suite: $1,399

Balcony suite: $3,599-5,199

Our original category is $1,339 but we paid alot less for both of them since we book with a TA and the prices keep fluctuating. The window suites aren't cheaper for all sailings, though. But I think for our purposes on this particular cruise we made a good choice. We'll have the balcony the following year. :p

Also another good reason for the WS if the weather is nasty on the trans-atlantic you will be on a lower deck and near the center of the deck.:)

So true. On our last cruise across the North Atlantic during the hurricanes last fall, we were in the most aft minisuite on Dolphin deck and the motion was very intense. I'm used to a midship cabin and now I know that it really makes a difference in rough seas.

:)I spent 38 years at sea in some of the roughest waters in the world and although I am used to rough seas I still try to minimize the ships motion by being on the lower decks and as close to the center of the ship as possible. (Keeps my wife happy). The WS category is a great location for that reason alone.

We're not on the Grand. Our cruise is on the Caribbean in June, 2011. As of today, the prices are (on Princess.com):

Minisuite: $1,299-1,459

Window suite: $1,399

Balcony suite: $3,599-5,199

Our original category is $1,339 but we paid alot less for both of them since we book with a TA and the prices keep fluctuating. The window suites aren't cheaper for all sailings, though. But I think for our purposes on this particular cruise we made a good choice. We'll have the balcony the following year. :p

Good work!!!

Archived