Moby dick stingray tours?

deadmoney

We used them a few years ago .Not impressed !! A person on the boat with us (not part of our party) was struggling to swim when we were snorkling and he made a comment "im gonna have to save another one and Laughed" .Not very nice ,I did like his mate he was a nice guy.

Just my experience.Hope this helps

We used Mobydick tours for the stingray city tour for our family in 2008, and booked them again for our cruise this summer. The crew was great, the tour group size was small, and their service was outstanding. Their price was better than most, and I have no hesitation recommending their great service and tour. We're looking forward to visiting them again.

We went on their tour Wednesday and loved it! They can leave a few minutes before scheduled so get there at least 15 minutes early. They do have a sense of humor so could see them saying that about the person swimming but I am sure they didn't mean it. The reef is beautiful and the really do help you with the rays.

I also loved that they would drop you at Calico Jacks/the public beach after and explained the bus to get back to the port. Do NOT take the taxis back they will take your money and then make you wait until the van is full. Cross the street and take the yellow or green dot vans for $2.50 per person. They come by all the time. We saw so many people waiting in those hot vans when we waited 2 mintues for the bus and paid half the price.

Cayman is pricey! Our lunch of jerk chicken, hot wings (6), two local beers, and a soda was $55! It was good though.

You might try searching the forum again as this comes very often.

Here are my comments from this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1284774

We used Moby Dick a year ago and had a great time, this is an excerpt from my Conquest review

In Grand Cayman, we booked a stingray excursion directly with Moby Dick Tours. This was greatly entertaining and well managed. When we got to the sandbar, there were a lot of boats there and Mark elected to reverse the snorkeling and stingrays. The snorkeling was nearby on a reef with a fair amount of fish, coral and even some eels. The kids thought it was great once they got accustomed to it. Despite making a note to do so otherwise, we had never had them practice and learning in the open ocean is a bit more difficult. We brought our own masks and snorkels although the ones that Moby dick had available were very good quality (a lot of people just brought snorkels). We then went over to the stingrays. We had plenty of squid to feed, the guides made sure everyone got to feed, hold and kiss the stingrays. This was our favorite excursion overall. Afterwards, on the recommendation from the tour owner, we stopped at restaurant called Rack ‘Em for lunch which was about half a block from the cruise terminal. Although a bit pricey, the food was very good and they offered a ladder down into the bay where we did some more snorkeling. We saw a lot of sea life and enjoyed it almost as much, if not more than the snorkeling at the reef.

Pictures can be found here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roseoft...7621917341288/

We had the pleasure of doing the swim with the stingrays with Moby Dick. We were on a family cruise and several of the female members had never even snorkled before let alone touched a stingray, and the two tour operators were awesome with all of us. Everyone got to hold one and we were all taught exactly how to hold the squid so as to not get an injury from the stingrays sucking your fingers. Towards the end of the tour, the owner (I think) who I had corresponded with several times over the pre-cruise months, even presented me with a birthday cake since it was a family celebration. A perfect day all around!:D

Thank everyone for your input we have booked it for 5/13.

My DW says she isn't getting in the water with them but we will see:D

I suppose that means the "kiss for luck" is out too... When we went in 2007, we did something else because my DW did not want to do this either. In 2009, she was looking forward to it and it was one of the family's favorites.

3763445760_1ac6c025a0.jpg

Archived