Zuiderdam VA 7124 any thoughts good/bad?

NH Cruisers

I just recently recieved my VH guarantee cabin assignment. VA 7124 on the Rotterdam deck aft section. I am a newbie to HAL, how does this cabin rate as a balcony. I will be sailing on the Zuiderdam.

I have had a balcony in the Aqua Class on Celebrity, and corner aft on RCL ships. Regular balcony in middle on Princess. Incidently it was the Carribean Princess, and it was by far the smallest balcony I have seen. Still I loved them all.

Thank you for any help and/or photos.

Jon,

You've been upgraded to the best there is. The VA's are the highest category, and the ones on the aft have an extra long balcony. Long enough for a full length lounger and half in the sun, half out. Perfect. Dude, you scored! I'll try to attach a picture I just took of our aft cabin 7140 on the Westerdam.:D

1510676512_Westerdam7041.jpg.e13b5defd15524e81c0fe02a1c461c24.jpg

... and the ones on the aft have an extra long balcony.
7124 is on the side, not the stern, in the aft 1/3 of the ship. We had 7124 on the Noordam and loved the location. The balcony is 6 ft by 9 ft. It's across from the steward's service room, which we liked, but some may not. We thought it was good that every time we left the cabin the steward would pop in and touch things up.

IRL_JOANIE has pix of 7124 and other side VAs HERE. They're all the same except for location.

Hi Jon! We just got our assignment also for the same ship and date you are sailing on--we will be on the same level as you, in cabin 7041. Would be nice to get together and chat about all of our various cruises.

We did another HAL "Z" ship--the Zaandam out of Seattle this past summer and had a wonderful balcony room on the side at the very back of the ship.

Pat

Hi Jon! We just got our assignment also for the same ship and date you are sailing on--we will be on the same level as you, in cabin 7041. Would be nice to get together and chat about all of our various cruises.
I suggest you join your Roll Call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1292225

You don't have much time left to chit-chat there, but they have a meet & greet planned on embarkation day.

7124 is on the side, not the stern, in the aft 1/3 of the ship. We had 7124 on the Noordam and loved the location. The balcony is 6 ft by 9 ft. It's across from the steward's service room, which we liked, but some may not. We thought it was good that every time we left the cabin the steward would pop in and touch things up.

IRL_JOANIE has pix of 7124 and other side VAs HERE. They're all the same except for location.

Thaks a million for steering us to IRL_Joani(s) link.

In my original post I see I did have it sound like I thought VA 7124 WAS an aft. I knew it was 4 or 5 balconies from the very stern from the deck plans. I was concerned with what was in that open area just across the hall. Now I know, and I think I will like that.

6' x 9' balcony, thats a good size for being standard!

Again thanks for the info.

Jon

We did another HAL "Z" ship--the Zaandam out of Seattle this past summer and had a wonderful balcony room on the side at the very back of the ship.

Pat

Come on over to the Ocean Bar deck 3 around 3:00 sailing day!!!

Archived