Gluten Free in Volcano National Park

scrapgeek

If you are taking an onboard tour, just let the shore excursion desk know you need a special meal. They will let your tour operator know. Most operators will accommodate your request as long as the order is in the day before your tour. We've accommodated glutten free, veggie, lactose free, vegan, dairy free on our tour and the list goes on and on. As long as its pre-ordered, we'll supply.

I have just come off B2B cruises on POA. During this time I saw many people making packed lunches at buffet in the mornings.

There was never a mention of not doing this in the Dailies and there were no signs or warnings about not taking food off the ship in ports.

If you are taking an onboard tour, just let the shore excursion desk know you need a special meal. They will let your tour operator know. Most operators will accommodate your request as long as the order is in the day before your tour. We've accommodated glutten free, veggie, lactose free, vegan, dairy free on our tour and the list goes on and on. As long as its pre-ordered, we'll supply.

And NCL packs their own lunches for the Volcano National Park tour and hand it to you as you board the bus along with a bottle of water. So I don't see why you can't bring food out also.

I have just come off B2B cruises on POA. During this time I saw many people making packed lunches at buffet in the mornings.

There was never a mention of not doing this in the Dailies and there were no signs or warnings about not taking food off the ship in ports.

I am one of those who just 2 wks ago packed my lunch on several days of touring the islands from POA. The staff saw & even spoke to both myself & my husband and had ABSOLUTELY NO issues with us doing this. The person behind the lunch meat counter even encouraged my husband to take 2 sandwiches instead of just 1. I purposely took my soft-sided cooler and baggies up to the Cafe and made my lunches within full view of the staff. They had no problems & nobody tried checking our bags as we exited the ship. I can only speak for the POA as I have no idea what regulations the other ships may have. Since POA is US flagged & does not leave the US I can only assume this is main reason folks can do it on this ship.

Archived