Leaving in 3 weeks, freaking out a bit

thekings23

This is our first vacation with the whole family, and I am having anxiety about being ready, specifically being ready for my 4 and 2 year old sons. Who cruised with their young children before? What is that "don't forget" item?

Don't forget strollers, unless you don't mind chasing them around or carry a sleeping child back to the port after excusions. Also, don't forget to bring travel activities, whether they be coloring books, puzzle games etc. Forgot this once with grandson and he was a brute at the airport and at the port waiting to get on board. He also loves the kids camp so you should really check it out they do a great job with the kids. You also want to bring their sippy cups or any other cup with a cover so they can sit and relax at dinner, pool, excusions and not have to worry about spillage.

dont forget tylenol,motrin,benadryl, all kids meds wipes, diapers, swim diapers, swimsuits, beach bag, sippy cups, dispoasable bibs (if the 2yr old is messy), stroller, baby shampoo, small toys (we save up happy meal toys), coloring books, crayons,blocks or legos, dvd player for cabin quiet time, favorite blanket or sleeping item.

Hopefully your child IS 2 by sailing date so you can use the camps.

Even a 1 week shy they will not be able to use it.

We sailed with an 18 month- take everything you need for your child. Diapers-- take more then what you may think you need.

disposable as much as possible- sippy cups, bibs.

In the dining room we let her eat the cold soups using a straw. She loved eah and every one of them. (she cruised at 5 in February and still loved the chilled soups.

Don't forget that this will be a bit overwhelming for them, so let them have their down and/or quite time. Their schedules will be thrown off, so just remember to try to keep it as relaxing as possible while still having fun. :)

Definitely the blankie if they have a favorite and please don't do what I did. We were finishing packing our carry on cases disembarkation morning and my 2 year old granddaughter was under the bed crying because she didn't want to go home. Anyhow, her blanket was under there too, I just assumed my husband packed it. Well, we found out in the car on the long 4 hour ride home from Miami with her screaming the whole way home for her blanket.

Have a wonderful cruise! My now 3 year old is hooked on cruising more than I am, I believe. Everytime I see her the first thing she asks me is "when are we going on the bye bye boat?"

Ummm....Xanax? :D

Now that is an item I wouldn't forget! We cruised alone last year and it was amazing, and I a sure it will be with the boys. Just different. The 4 year old is stoked though.

Archived